No announcement yet.

**sledfreak crew rescues lost hikers...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• **sledfreak crew rescues lost hikers...

...our job is never done...we have Done this in the past on a couple of occasions..

on the way back form Stoney Lake...we come around a corner to see a man and woman standing in the trail waving at us...so I slow down...this guy goes off on how they have been lost for hours and where very scared...came out on trail and had no clue where they are????... so they describe the area they parked.... I had a clue.. so little joe takes the lady and I take the guy on our sleds and we proceed to area which was about 5miles away....this guy is hanging on my sled...when we hit the parking area...he was very excited to see his truck...he and the woman where very happy to be safe...he offered us money which we declined...and we took off.....
    Attached Files
    Last edited by dongdangding; 02-13-2006, 10:48 AM.

Great story man. That is what snowmobiling is about, not just helping out fellow riders but anyone that may need it. You guys are great snowmobilers love to hear stories like that
    04-05 Mileage : 631
    05-06 Mileage : 765
    06-07 Mileage : 2022

Comment

yup, awesome story, glad to hear about some sled freaks helping out the non snowmobiling community

Comment

Where were they parked? Confusious Flat horse area?
        SnoPro your like a "super hero " now huh? "HERE I COME TO SAVE THE DAY!!!!!!!!"
        Rot.
        H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
        Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Good Job Snopro!!!!!!!

More people should be like you.

Comment

How about Little Joe SuzieDoo????

Comment

Originally posted by f7green
              How about Little Joe SuzieDoo????
              even batman has a side kick lol great job

Comment

I remember the first time riding in Confusions Flats...got lost back on a trail with the Independence River going thru it(back trail)...we rode around in circles...until we finally quit due to almost being out of gas...it was about 4:30 pm...calling for a storm that nite...we decided to just try and get ready for a long, cold night by gathering some sticks and looking for cover....it wasnt about a couple of hours later that we heard some sleds coming...and they guided us out of the woods which was about 15 miles from camp....it can happen to anyone...it happend in Potter COunty, Pa. also one night...

ROTA..no hero...glad to help..ya never know when you'll need it...

Comment

last year f7green and I found 2 girls at almost the exact location who where lost cross country skiing...we gave them a ride to the closest camp with a phone and they called home to get a ride...they where from Florida and where visiting...they where lucky we came across them or they would have been in for a cold night....

Comment

How appriciative were those girls???? LOL

Great job Little Joe! It is great to hear that a young sledder has the courtsey and respect that most of the older folks do not. I am proud of you.

Comment

I remember that day. We rode around for a while until they could figure out where they started from. Suzie get your mind out of the gutter!!!

Comment

I think dad (aka F7Green) needs to take little joe out to dinner at one of Joeee's fine establishments. Let him order anything he wants from the menu.

Comment

Yep, can happen to anyone. A few years ago I left Rochester about 5AM to drive out to Fulton, work for the day, and then meet up with some guys that LIVE in Fulton. The plan was to head to Panther (?) lake and one of the guys knew his way We left Fulton about 4PM and, well wrong turn after bad direction after wrong turn ended us up completely lost. We actually rode around for 2 hours and ended up back at the same place. Now 2 in the AM, we were low on gas, cold, hungry and thirsty! We finally found some neon and ate the place out of $.50 bags of chips and candy bars, but she was closing and we had to go. With some direction from there we ended up at the gas station in Williamstown about 4:00AM, not having any idea how we got there. Now we pretty much knew how to get home from there, but still took 2 or 3 hours. Worst part is, we didn't know one of the guys had called his wife about midnight and told her we were on our way home and would be there shortly and to go to bed. Well she waited up and when we didn't show by 2am she called all the other wives, whom were all waiting for us back at one house when we got back to Fulton

I didn't stick around to see what happened when my fellow riders (of course we all felt like we had just been through a battle together). I got in the car and drove back to Rochester. It was a long 27 hours!!!!

Comment

That is why it is know as Confusion Flats

New to your site but love the Brantingham theme as our family has a camp on Partridgeville road. I think anyone who has ridden in the area has a classic tale of driving in circles down there. I spent a good half hour one time in the horse barn area trying to find the ' off-ramp ' back to home !!!

Comment

Very cool story !!
                              It's who we are ..... It's what we do !!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X