X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• fatal accident tug hill...

PRESS RELEASE, SAT., FEB. 18, 6:33 p.m.

NEW YORK STATE POLICE

New York State Police in Lowville are investigating a fatal snowmobile accident that occurred at about 10:50 a.m. on the Corrigan Hill Rd. in the town of Martinsburg in Lewis County, just north of the Houseville Gulf Rd.

Investigation revealed that after cresting a knoll the operator of the first of a line of seven sleds observed a fallen tree partially blocking the trail. All sleds attempted evasive action and the victim, Brenda J. Mabie, 42, 204 W Milton Rd. Lot 10, Ballston Spa, was ejected from her sled and struck by a follow-on sled.

The victim was removed from scene by Fort Drum MAST helicopter and transported to Lewis County General Hospital where she was pronounced dead by Dr. Robert Harryman.

A post-mortem examination is scheduled for Sunday.

State police were assisted at the scene by Lewis County Sheriff L. Michael Tabolt, the LCSO snowmobile patrol, Town of Martinsburg Fire Department, Turin Ambulance and Lewis County Search and Rescue.

thats really sad. hate to see people get hurt in are sport.

Comment

not again, this is terrible, i think we already need two hands to count the number of deaths between old forge and tug hill this year from riding

Comment

Very very sad.
        Northern Foothills of The Tug

Comment

Not sure if it is true or not, but i heard that next sled was her husband.. My god, I can not even imagine... How tragic!
          - Riding in honor and in memory of those we love!

Comment

The word is it was her husband that hit her. We were in Flat Rock when another rider told us what happened. He must have just passed it because he mentioned she was dead and the authorities hadn't even gotten there yet. I just can't imagine what some people are thinking when there was pretty much trees down everywhere and most of the groomers hadn't been out yet. We had just come down Rector Rd and it was brutal. Huge tree down and HUGE moguls.

I have never seen so many sleds at Flat Rock in the 8 years I've been going up. When its that crowded on the trails and conditions are not good. . . SLOW THE F*** DOWN!!

It is a shame. I have a wife and 2 toddlers at home. That pretty much keeps me from being a speed demon. It just ain't worth the risk.
            In this world we're living in, we have our share of sorrow . . . answer now is don't give in, aim for a new tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
            X