Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tug Hill next wed-sat

Hi all,

Girlfriend and I will be coming up that way next Wed-Saturday. We were up that way two weeks ago but didn't go to far north. It was her first trail/road ride on the sled so I didn't want to venture to far with her. We rode Winona Forest-Little John and back. Next day we rode Res Trail to redfield since we were staying in Altmar. It was a good first experience for her and she did well. This time, however, I'd like to get her into more scenic areas on/closer to the hill. She is a wildlife artist and we take pics of the areas we ride/atv so she can use them in future paintings. She won the 2004 PA Trout Stamp, the 2003 Indiana Trout stamp, has done comissions for the PA Game Comission and her work frequently shows up on the cover of Fly Fishing Mag. When we travel, we can write everything off on Taxes if she does a painting. I've been out of sledding for many years and my recollection of the area is foggy at best. I've heard references to "The Gorge". If anyone has any suggestions to scenic areas or would be free to ride late next week, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Thanks much,
    Sulli
    2003.5 Blair Morgan 800X
    1998 Yamaha Banshee w/mods
    1985 Honda ATC 200X
    1986 Honda VT1100 Shadow

Member of Rots Posse
    Ride it like ya stole it and don't harsh my mellow

to get to the gorge, perfect site for a painting, starting from martys. go up houseville gulf road, make the first right, go about a half a mile and then follow the tracks to the right offtrail, very easy to find

Comment

Thanks Artik. Cutting and pasting as we speak.
      2003.5 Blair Morgan 800X
      1985 Honda ATC 200X
      1986 Honda VT1100 Shadow

Member of Rots Posse

Comment

hope your trip goes well. let us know if you need any more info.

Comment

Hey Artik,

The trip should go well. I got an e-mail last night from a sledfreak member who lives just north of me and has a cabin in Bham. Said if the snow held up they'd be up there riding and would be happy to show us that area. I have my maps from a few weeks ago and they should serve as a rough guide also. Mounted my GPS just for good measure.

Will be staying at our usual spot in Altmar and working from there either by trailer or trail depending.

Thanks for the help.
          2003.5 Blair Morgan 800X
          1985 Honda ATC 200X
          1986 Honda VT1100 Shadow

Member of Rots Posse

Comment

Working...
          X