Brantingham-old Forge-inlet Report!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Brantingham-old Forge-inlet Report!

..left BHAM at 10:00 ...headed down VAN ARDEN..to CONFUSION FLATS AREA...thru STONEY LAKE....to 10 MILE CROSSING INTERSECTION...trails on a scale of 1-10 where a 6.5 to that point...all water holes where frozen over...headed to OLD FORGE 1 cut off and headed into trail system of OF...trails at that turn off on where a (9) the rest of the way into OF....headed into town...to SLICKERS which was closed....back out of town..to DAIKERS....closed!!!...onto 4th lake which was AWESOME!!!
    headed across lakeinto INLET...which was a GHOST TOWN..everything closed...to the OLD BARN to fuel up and chow...after eating we headed back onto lake and back on OF trail system...did most of there trails 3-5-8 etc...all where (9's!!)...back onto trail1....into 10mileCROSSING......back down trail to STONEY LAKE...which still was not groomed???...that was not fun after blazing around OF all day...125 miles...best riding was in OF....
    Attached Files

Attached Files

Comment

ran across these guys from south buffalo...
      Attached Files

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

it was very windy...........
          Attached Files

Comment

Is OF and Tug Hill close? Which is better to ride right now if I wanted to travel?
            "If ya can't fix it, get a hammer. If a hammer won't fix it, get a pry bar. If a pry bar won't fix it, get a bigger hammer. If the bigger hammer doesn't fix it. It belongs there."
            Me

Comment

tug has more snow...but you should be able too ride from tug to bham to old forge no problem....

Comment

but you also have to take into consideration that to ride in old forge you need an extra trail permit which is a bit more $$$

Comment

and the best investment an ADIRONDACK snowmobiler could make!!

it costs $60 bucks to ski one day....so the 60 bucks is well worth it for all season!

Comment

So if went out it would be $60 to ride? Where od we get the permits from?
                    "If ya can't fix it, get a hammer. If a hammer won't fix it, get a pry bar. If a pry bar won't fix it, get a bigger hammer. If the bigger hammer doesn't fix it. It belongs there."
                    Me

Comment

The place to get the permits is right on Rt 28 in Old Forge - just past Old Forge Hardware and kind of across from the McDonalds. You can ride to the place also since it is right on one of the trails. I have only been up there once - it may be trail 5 (???). It crosses through a covered bridge and the place is on the right.

It is $45 for a weekly pass. I've heard they are checking permits heavy on the weekends up there. Look at is as a donation to the trail system too.

Comment

The cost is per sled. I would call them. Old Forge Tourist and Information Center. (315) 369-6983
                        Last edited by Redcat; 03-01-2006, 07:44 AM. Reason: Adding to it.
                        Northern Foothills of The Tug

Comment

snopro

Originally posted by snopro
                          ran across these guys from south buffalo...
                          We are from south of buffalo. not south buffalo. Ever heard of wyoming county
                          FULL Throttle till you see god-- then Brake!

Member --All-In Snow Mob
                          Rot's Posse

Comment

I'm next door to you in Livingston. Rode Wyoming Co Valentines Day. Sportsmen Club, crossed 20 up around Warsaw (neat trail thru the woods there, 1st time on it) dropped into town, Hermitage to Java, Varysburg, Silver Springs, outter edge of warsaw back to Sportsmen...was a good ride. Im thinking it was the last day any of those trails could be rode cause temps spiked to high 60's Wed thru Fri. Sure am glad I left the next day for U.P. Michigan
                            It's who we are ..... It's what we do !!!!

Comment

Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X