Rode tughill yesterday

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode tughill yesterday

Got there at about 10.30am and the conditions were perfect. Sunny and about 20*. We unloaded at Marty's just outside of Turin, NY. We left there and made a loop through Copenhagen and then back towards Montague. I couldnt believe how much snow was in Montague. And the trails were perfect. I saw two Barnes Corners (i think) groomers out doing a really great job. We couldn't have asked for better conditions.

I would have alot more pics but my camera screwed up and I lost everything I had.

This is my friends:

Take a look at how perfect this trail looks. They were all like this.

The Windmills:

The Gorge:

The homemade SKS really handles the deep snow well. This was its first real test in snow more than a foot deep. I even tried getting stuck by hitting hills going like 3mph in untouched snow. It preformed perfectly and just pulled itself ontop of the snow, skis in the air.
    Last edited by indy440; 03-02-2006, 04:25 PM.

great pics, shame i couldnt be there with ya, next year, thats what i keep telling myself

Comment

Awesome pics!! Man I wish I could make it there this year. I have really never road anything that nice. What kind of speeds can you get there? Do you have to stay at a resonable speed or can you fly? It would be hard for me to keep the throttle down with noce groomed flat trails like that!
      "If ya can't fix it, get a hammer. If a hammer won't fix it, get a pry bar. If a pry bar won't fix it, get a bigger hammer. If the bigger hammer doesn't fix it. It belongs there."
      Me

Comment

you can fly on most trails. The guys I was riding with had no problem getting over 100 on the trails. With my gearing I was only able to get about 75. And I think that most trails were actually smoother than that one. They got a little bumpier towards afternoon but not bad at all.

Comment

Unreal! I have to go there one of these days!
          "If ya can't fix it, get a hammer. If a hammer won't fix it, get a pry bar. If a pry bar won't fix it, get a bigger hammer. If the bigger hammer doesn't fix it. It belongs there."
          Me

Comment

make sure you go midweek. Too much traffic on the weekends. Expecially when theres no other place with snow in the northeast.

Comment

Originally posted by indy440
              make sure you go midweek. Too much traffic on the weekends. Expecially when theres no other place with snow in the northeast.
              couldnt agree more, you'll be riding 2' moguls and rollers if you go during the weekend, sundays are better than saturdays though, but if you have to go on the weekend, ride at the crack of dawn

Comment

Rode last night (friday night), started at Yaworskis, rode to west leyden, then to barrows performance, then to highmarket, then back. had a few spots of 6-10" stutter bumps but that was it. Very surprised, only passed 2 large (7-10 sleds) groups. passed 3 groomers, was impressed about that. snow is getting skimpy though!
                Happy Trails!

Comment

hey mdmnaic, that was not a bunch of people at all for a friday. tonight we had alot more people out here. and the conditions were good but not great. but thats a good thing for the hill. the less people that are up there the better it will be.
                  Whens it gonna snow???

Comment

yessir! where'd you ride last night?
                    Happy Trails!

Comment

Working...
                    X