new arctic cat pix from west yellowstone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• new arctic cat pix from west yellowstone

..............sent to me by my cat dealer.......
    Attached Files

me likeys......

Comment

hmm.. i'm still not sold on those new cats, wheres that firecat chassis at??? but i sure could use some of that snow

Comment

Same as I said some where else. The Firecat sle grew on me. Nice looking sled. I would be happy with one, I think. Now I look at these and it just goes back to me dis-liking them. Not a impressive sled line up in my opinion.
        "If ya can't fix it, get a hammer. If a hammer won't fix it, get a pry bar. If a pry bar won't fix it, get a bigger hammer. If the bigger hammer doesn't fix it. It belongs there."
        Me

Comment

The Jaguar is Arctic Cat's new performance four-stroke with a 1056cc EFI, twin-cylinder engine. The naturally aspirated, dry-sump design produces a claimed 125 hp with a 12:1 compression ratio. Power to the ground with an improved ACT/Diamond Drive system: it now offers push-button reverse. The reverse drive is mechanical with a servo-driven engagement. The system has a speed sensor and rpm limiter that will not allow the reverse to engage when the machine is rolling forward.

The Jaguar looks like no other Cat before because it isn’t. The new Twin Spar chassis uses robotic self-piercing rivets to fasten components for improved ridigity. Cat claims torsional rigidity of the new chassis is 46.4 percent stiffer than the Firecat chassis.

The rear of the machine houses a new cooling system design. Unlike traditional designs, the rear heat exchanger is not mounted flush to the underside of the tunnel. The resulting space on the topside of the cooler allows for snow and airflow to remove heat from both surfaces. As a result, greater cooling efficiency allows for less surface area, which results in a smaller cooler. The rear heat exchanger also designed as a support member of the chassis, aiding in overall chassis rigidity.

A seventh generation AWS front suspension features a front CNC-machined subframe and forged spindles and shock towers for added strength. The lower A-arms are boxed for added strength and the added rigidity should improve overall handling, Cat said. The rear suspension on the new F-Series comes from the 440 Sno Pro race sled.

The Slide Action rear skid allows for full front arm travel, while controlling weight transfer, for better cornering and handling under acceleration. Cat engineers said the result is reduced ski lift and front-end push while cornering, anti-squat resistance while accelerating and improved G-bump control.

Overall driver positioning is rider forward, but Cat wanted to have the chassis accommodate a foot forward placement as well to reduce rider fatigue. The seating position places riders with a 90-degree bend at the knees.

Comment

whats up w/Cat? The Crossfire is a awsome looking sled. Now they come out with that FUGLY looking thing? Are they on crack?

Rot.
            Last edited by rotalaris; 03-06-2006, 07:18 AM.
            H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
            Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Originally posted by rotalaris
              whats up w/Cat? The Crossfire is a awsome looking sled. Now they come out with that FUGLY looking thing? Are they on crack?

Rot.
              Looks like crack was only the beginning of some hardcore partying going on when cat's engineer's were looking at a Fusion!

Yeah the F7's and Crossfire are badass looking sleds! These look like they might be sporty enough for grandpa! I hope they perform alot better than they look!
              BLACK WIDOWS

Comment

look what i just found!!! the crossfire lives on....
                Attached Files

Comment

new cats ?????

I am a Big Cat Fan but I am not sure about this new ride!!!! Hope it rides better than it looks!! At least the C/F is still ok
                  Last edited by jay j zintel; 03-06-2006, 08:41 AM.
                  FULL Throttle till you see god-- then Brake!

Member --All-In Snow Mob
                  Rot's Posse

Comment

Looks are not what I buy a sled for IMO. If my dealer comes back with good trail reports on the ride quality and overall feel of the machines on and off trail I would stick with cat.HP is also not everything,the speed limit will be 55 nxt yr which is fast enough.After almost getting hit several times by yahoo's this past week the slower the better...hence SLOWGOER. My .02
                    L.O.L Band Fingerlakes N.Y.

Comment

new cats

Looks mite not be everthing but you still don't take an ugley one to the dance
                      Last edited by jay j zintel; 03-06-2006, 08:47 AM.
                      FULL Throttle till you see god-- then Brake!

Member --All-In Snow Mob
                      Rot's Posse

Comment

Originally posted by snopro
                        ..............sent to me by my cat dealer.......
                        oh man wtf are they thinking,i dont care about the ride and all that,if the damn thing cant look decent,who is gonna see one of them riding by and say look at that badA$$ machine,now ppl will laugh,including me,time to start buying up remaining F-chassis,and stock pileing them in the shop,man for gay,at leats the crossfires have'nt changed much,i hope the M's stay close to the same
                        if speed kills im a deadman
                        lean n mean
                        steep n deep

Comment

Working...
                        X