Barnes Corners to Copenhagen loop??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barnes Corners to Copenhagen loop??

Hey guys... Anyone ride this loop lately? From what I hear its not looking great for the Snow Run.. I think we will have to re-route or shorten this ride by the sounds of the weather forecast.

Any updates are appreciated!

Thanks
    Alia
    Attached Files
    Last edited by SpeedDiva; 03-08-2006, 04:27 PM.
    - Riding in honor and in memory of those we love!

Diva you have another week to endure,hope it works out

Comment

If you guys would like, I will email Paul from the Sno-Pals, and he would post reports on this site. He usually posts grooming reports.

Comment

I already emailed Paul (the SnoPals have been a huge supporter of ours, Paul especially)... and got the response.. I think its safe to say that trail wont be salvageable after the weekend. I'm not going to put the riders in poor conditions. We will make a final call and judgement as we begin the upcoming week. Until then I'm goin go go into nonstop snow dance mode! Anyone care to join? The more the merrier.

Comment

Diva pick a loop around the hill. It will be shorter but there should be snow there.

Good luck.

2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
          We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
          But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
          What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
          It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

Im done dancing/praying/hoping to the snow gods this year.....theres nothing left of me....UNLESS IT SNOWS!!!! then..one MORE RIDE!!!!...

april always produces one last blizzard!!!!
            Last edited by dongdangding; 03-08-2006, 09:48 PM.

Comment

You have no idea what kind of a let down this year has been. Cancelled (2) trips to the hill (no snow, usually make it 3 times). Never rode around the Chautauqua area (no snow, usually ride there most weekends). The only miles I put on this year was about 438 on my one trip to the hill. People just don't understand when you tell them that one great weekend of riding is worth having a $8000 sled.

Comment

Wagz is on the hill right now. I will try to get a report from him for ya.

Comment

Bazz gave Diva a report last nite that they rode snirt up on those trails late yesterday afternoon

Comment

We are gonna shoot for a shortened version at this point.. we will make an official call at mid week next week...

In the mean time, after the weekend, if anyone can post any trail reports, that would be awesome!!

Comment

kiss it goodbye this weekend - but ...

. . . you might catch a break next weekend. We are all going to think positively for your worthy cause.

THE SUNDAY THROUGH TUESDAY TIME FRAME WILL FEATURE ABOVE NORMAL TEMPERATURES WITH A TRANSITION TO SLIGHTLY BELOW NORMAL TEMPERATURES BY WEDNESDAY. A COUPLE OF SIGNIFICANT WAVES WILL MOVE THROUGH THE AREA DURING THIS PERIOD...WITH PRECIPITATION LOOKING MOST LIKELY DURING THE SUNDAY NIGHT/MONDAY PERIOD AND THEN AGAIN DURING THE MONDAY NIGHT/TUESDAY TIME FRAME. NOT TOTAL AGREEMENT SEEN WITH THE MREF ENSEMBLE MEMBERS...BUT HPC
                      GUIDANCE SUGGESTING THESE PERIOD WILL BE THE MOST LIKELY TIME
                      PERIODS FOR PRECIPITATION. ATMOSPHERE LOOKS TO BECOME COLD ENOUGH FOR ALL SNOW BY THE END OF THE PERIOD...WITH 850 MB TEMPERATURES DROPPING BELOW -10C.

not too specific, I know, but as I've seen with the weather on the Hill this year, ya just never know.
                      In this world we're living in, we have our share of sorrow . . . answer now is don't give in, aim for a new tomorrow.

Comment

I'm dooin the dance for ya Diva. I'm trying to fanangle getting out thee for the ride. It will be a last minute decision for me.
                        "If ya can't fix it, get a hammer. If a hammer won't fix it, get a pry bar. If a pry bar won't fix it, get a bigger hammer. If the bigger hammer doesn't fix it. It belongs there."
                        Me

Comment

Thanks everyone... We are gonna do our best.. We will go on no matter what.. The goal here still remains.. Breast Cancer is important cause to support, snow or no snow. It may mean sledding without a motor.. the old fashion way... ya just never know!

Comment

Diva -

I just talked to Wagz. I hate to do this too ya, but he is on the hill right now and said it is raining. Barners to Copenhagen is completely shot. The only place there is snow is on the top of the hill - Flat Rock and Monteque.

He did have an idea though - the Rock Maple race that weekend is at the Adirondak Speed Way - maybe Jody could call them to try to arrange a relay race for charity. He said they used to do them when it was the Big East Tour. The speed way is only 10 miles from Lowville in New Brenem (sp).

Good Luck!

Comment

Ahh GSX girl - Thanks for the update and for the idea.. I presumed that trail would need to be cut out of our planned loop.

I will check into the charity relay idea withJody - it is a great idea!

Thanks!

Comment

Working...
                              X