Bad news for next season already.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad news for next season already.

Already some bad news for next season and this season is not even over yet. Was looking on Absolutesnowmobile and noticed that for next season the trail coming from Brantingham to timberview is official closed because of riders not staying on the marked trail the land owners closed it down for next season. Not good news for the hill already already lost the trail fromt the Quik N Easy in C-ville to get to Boonville what else is gonna happen.

Originally posted by Bazz
    Already some bad news for next season and this season is not even over yet. Was looking on Absolutesnowmobile and noticed that for next season the trail coming from Brantingham to timberview is official closed because of riders not staying on the marked trail the land owners closed it down for next season. Not good news for the hill already already lost the trail fromt the Quik N Easy in C-ville to get to Boonville what else is gonna happen.
    totally understandable,they dont put up "stay on trail" signs for no reason
    if speed kills im a deadman
    lean n mean
    steep n deep

Comment

Closed Forever

Trails will be closed FOREVER, not just for next season.
      In this world we're living in, we have our share of sorrow . . . answer now is don't give in, aim for a new tomorrow.

Comment

Soon snowmobiling will be a thing of the past...

I remember as a kid ,40 years ago, we could ride dirt bikes everywhere. No more not one trail left.

Bummer cause people are idiots & have no respect for others.

2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
        We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
        But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
        What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
        It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

Phil..... I'm with ya 100 % ...

It only takes one Bafoon to ruin it for everyone
          Ride it like a Rental

"Fear" : A balencing act between Normalcy and Idiocity, ...It Parelizes the Majority,... But give's Clarity to some.

Comment

Phil, Late Braker,
            I agree with the both of ya. Growing up & remember Riding dirt bikes, quads, snowmobiles(when there was enough snow, which there seemed to be much more often back then but thats a different topic) right out of the backyard & going until you wanted to turn back. Now if you want to ride you basically have to trailer somewhere & hopefully not have to pay to ride.

Comment

Its sad, really sad!
              - Riding in honor and in memory of those we love!

Comment

Some one needs to fill me in, just how bad is damage from sleds on frozen ground? The snow is melted around here now and just today while in the work truck, when we were passing a trail, I said to my co-worker/friend " I am surprised that you cannot see damage to the grass on that trail especially since we have been riding on 2-3" of snow!" And it is not as frozen as The hill is.

It was a very low snow year, the farmer's admitted that themselves. The farmers and clubs should have been aware of this earlier in the season. Proper measurements should have been taken before this happened. To my understanding in Canada, when there is not enough snow, the trail is closed!! We never hear of a trail closed in NY due to lack of snow. Hell, the local club here in Attica/Darien was grooming 2" of snow/mud this year!

In my opinion action should have been taken to close this trail due to inadequate snow. This sh!t is really starting to piss me off. People don't say a damn word until they just say close it down.

I hold the landowner and the clubs accountable just as much as the sledder's!

Uggggggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, sorry but I need to vent!
                BLACK WIDOWS

Comment

Renegade...sometimes it is crops & small trees not just frozen ground. Even if it were we are guests on THEIR property, respect them & ride where you have permission to.

It is a drag but they are holding the plug...
                  2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
                  We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
                  But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
                  What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
                  It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

I guess the new trail has been completed just in time,it runs on the south side of B-ham and starts/finishs at Stewarts in Lyons Falls.

Comment

Just where is this new trail and where does it cross the river and does it hook-up with any other trail system or does it benefit just Stewart`s?
                      Northern Foothills of The Tug

Comment

[QUOTE=RENEGADE13] We never hear of a trail closed in NY due to lack of snow. Hell, the local club here in Attica/Darien was grooming 2" of snow/mud this year!QUOTE]

I really disagree here. If you check with the clubs, even though gates may be open, there is usually a x" minimum. I believe the Webster Ridge Runners have a 3" min, but not positive. Letchworth Park also has a 3" min. I don't believe either of these trail systems were "open" for more than a couple days this winter if that.

I can not say why the attica/darian clubs would have been out in those conditions, other that they were concerned bumps might get frozen in place, were working on the groomer and were testing it out, or the guys just wanted to run it. (don't let anyone kid you about the goomer operators, they love doing it!) Doesn't seem reasonable to have it out in those conditions though.

Comment

The trail leads from Stewarts in Lyons Falls to Southern B-ham
                          Last edited by joeee; 03-10-2006, 04:32 PM.

Comment

I can not say why the attica/darian clubs would have been out in those conditions, other that they were concerned bumps might get frozen in place, were working on the groomer and were testing it out, or the guys just wanted to run it. (don't let anyone kid you about the goomer operators, they love doing it!) Doesn't seem reasonable to have it out in those conditions though.
                            Let's put it this way, that day I wouldn't be out there on my sled!!! I stopped to take pics, I gotta get those disposables developed!
                            BLACK WIDOWS

Comment

RENEGADE13, it is attitudes like the one you expressed that give land owners every right to say get the hell out! What a lot of us seem to forget that riding in many places is a privlage and should be respected as such. These land owners put alot out on the line when they say "sure go ahead and put the trail accross the property. The owners for the most part are doing it in the intrest of revenue generating economic devolpment, revenue that the land owner will see very little if any of. Who do you think Mr. Sue happy is gonna sue when he hits a farmers fence while riding off a trail, the County, hell no! Most of the counties have no accountability, and they put the burdon of the possible law suits on the land owners, or the clubs. Nobody is gonna sue a club, because the majority of them opperate in the red, own very little, and are not for profit. So what would they sue for. They would sue for the assetts of the land owners, and in most cases win because they paid big money for a skum bag laywer to represent their disrespectfull actions. Not aying we are all a bunch of sue happy morons, but it only takes one moron of the sort for a land owner or farmer to loose everything he/she has worked a lifetime to accumliate. I think what should happen is if the county, any county wants to prompte economic devolpment is to bring eminate domain into play on all land owners property starting at the side of the road and extending into private property 30 ft and to use that domain to create a trail system. Make the county/state responsible for the maintance in whatever form. Sounds really easy, so why are they not doing it. Simpily put, the county/state has a lot of that green stuff. So they shift the burdon and accountability to the land owner. I mean hell of the county gets sued and goes broke all the residences can move. But what happens when the private individual gets sued and looses everything, what are they suppos to do. Oh yep thats right they really cant do anything because they would be BROKE. Sorry to rant on, but it is that land owners who make this all possible for everyone to enjoy, so lets not crap on them, and place the blame where the blame is rightly due. Ignorant morons who think the world revolves around them!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X