No announcement yet.

SUPPORT YOUR SLED DEALER???? do you???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SUPPORT YOUR SLED DEALER???? do you???

..it has to be REALLY hard for sled dealers today.....
    one of my best friends is a CAT dealer....
    look at the dealers going out of business today!

Personally, I do not bicker over whatever he charges me for a NEW sled and I have been supporting him for 16 years....(prior to that.. I raced against him when we where younger....he was a John Deere dealer back then...I rode Polaris....)

I dont PRICE shop sleds....WHY??? his SERVICE/SUPPORT!

Because I may find a sled somewhere else that will save me 500 bucks...but when it BREAKS...will that NEW dealer support you?????
    how long does it take to get you in for repair????

I think ALOT of people think dealers make ALOT OF $$$$ on sleds....but do they really????
    ....If YOU invested ...lets just say..$7,000.00 on A SLED...now remember..your the dealer....how much would you like to make on that investment???? when you sell it!!!!

$200-$300-$400-$500-$600-$700-$800-$900-$1,000,,,,more????

Lets see your answers!!! and comments about your dealer.....

rate your dealer....(1 puke/ 2 oh well/ 3 not bad/ 4 good/ 5 the best)

service
    parts
    support
    Last edited by dongdangding; 04-04-2006, 09:24 AM.

oh..by the way..my dealer is HILLTOP SALES, BANGOR,PA

service=5
    parts=5
    support=5.5
    Last edited by dongdangding; 04-04-2006, 09:25 AM.

Comment

I trust my dealer. They do things at my dealer they call demos. Their employees get new sleds to ride (thats how nice they are to their employees). When March comes those sleds are for sale a decent prices. They call them demo sleds. I picked up mine with a little shy of 1000 miles on it. Anything I thought was wrong they replaced. Anything! I asked for new carbides and slides. There was nothing else wrong. They a complete tune up and took care of everything. I also got a spare belt and plugs. Now it's little stuff like that, that make a difference to me. He even threw in a hat when I walked out. This year though hurt them. They have a ton of sleds left over. I haven't gotten the number from them as far as how much they sold and what is left. But there is alot left over. He said that another dealer had around 55 Doos left in crates still. Thats gotta hurt the mom and pop business. My dealer only has Ski Doo sleds and 4 wheelers (BRP). In the summeer they install inground swimming pools. They do alright as far as a year round business. This year was bad though. They said the way they can tell how much riding being done and how business si going is on how much oil they sell. They have alot left over this year.
      "If ya can't fix it, get a hammer. If a hammer won't fix it, get a pry bar. If a pry bar won't fix it, get a bigger hammer. If the bigger hammer doesn't fix it. It belongs there."
      Me

Comment

All of the little dealers are being forced out by the big ones and there volume pricing!!But try and get any service from that dealer and you will pay for the 2 to 500 dollars you saved by buying the sled at your local dealer.Take from one that knows-all of our local small dealers are out or going out of buisness.Dealers make very little on the actual sale of the sled, most of the money they make comes from service and parts.Also the factory's are no help to any of the dealers,all they want is more units pushed out the door!!they could care less about trade prices,all they want is how many units that dealer will take next! So find a good service man,a salesman you can live with and support them,you will reap the benefit!The little things count like when you walk into the dealer they call you by your name and do the little thing at set up that make your sled run that much better. Your not just another one of the Masses , you never appreciate what you have until its gone!!!!!!
        Last edited by jay j zintel; 04-04-2006, 09:40 AM.
        FULL Throttle till you see god-- then Brake!

Member --All-In Snow Mob
        Rot's Posse

Comment

My dealer is aweful. They have a severe lack of knowledge on everything they sell. If you need a part from them... You better have the polaris part number in your hand already because they will get it wrong everytime if you dont. Doesnt matter what it is. They can't even get clutch springs right. I only go there when I have no other choice.

The dealer is Valley Recreation in Cobleskill, NY.

I would love to support my dealer, if they didn't suck so badly.

Comment

What do you expect its a polaris dealer-just having fun-find a new dealer -parts and service are #1 important- you have to trust your dealer and the service guy !!
            FULL Throttle till you see god-- then Brake!

Member --All-In Snow Mob
            Rot's Posse

Comment

Originally posted by jay j zintel
              What do you expect its a polaris dealer-just having fun-find a new dealer -parts and service are #1 important- you have to trust your dealer and the service guy !!
              The parts and service guys can kiss my buttox. I have to trust myself to get things ordered and done correctly.

My next sled will probably be a ski-doo, but from what I hear they're not much better over there.
              Last edited by indy440; 04-04-2006, 03:14 PM.

Comment

Intimdtr77 . .

Who and where is your dealer? I may be in the market for a leftover Doo.
                In this world we're living in, we have our share of sorrow . . . answer now is don't give in, aim for a new tomorrow.

Comment

Colley's Ski Doo and Pools.

www.colleys.com

If you want a Demo you have to ask. They may be all taken this year already. I put my money down in around January for the following year. You can pick them up after March 1st. Thats the way it was for me at least. I baught mine at the Hamburg location. If you are going to go or call, let me know.
                  Last edited by Intimdtr77; 04-04-2006, 04:00 PM.
                  "If ya can't fix it, get a hammer. If a hammer won't fix it, get a pry bar. If a pry bar won't fix it, get a bigger hammer. If the bigger hammer doesn't fix it. It belongs there."
                  Me

Comment

Hear more and more about smaller dealers closing, and I find it heart breaking.
                    We own a sled biz on the side along w/ our regular jobs. We deal w/ used sleds, parts, repairs, etc etc etc. Few years back I looked into what it all entailed to buy into a franchise and when I got enough info I said NO WAY. What they want you to do as a dealer now is even worse than it was back then. We're better off dealing w/ the volume of sleds we do, on our OWN, not being dictated to, and know at the end of the season our livelyhood and moneytary ways and means of life are not over like some of these poor dealers. I talked w/ my local Cat dealer few weeks back and in the end, he is gonna take it right up the ( o ) after this year. Mind you, this guy has been in business over 30 yrs but does Cat care....NOPE !!!! And its not just cat, it's all of them. Buy this many sleds, and if your stuck w/ them, then oh well....thats awful. Thing is the mannies know people are going to buy sleds, the bottom line. Not that there won't be dealers to buy from, the big guy will eat up the little guy and thats it. Seems anything we do in this world anymore has to do w/ the food chain. Animals and now humans...scary shit.

My Poo dealer went out of Biz 2 yrs ago, so I was on the hunt for a new one buying the Dragon. I called many places and what sold me wasn't price, but rather that they respected me as a "girl" buying alone, they told me FIRST w/ out me asking that they stand behind their service & product and will do what ever is needed to keep me happy as a customer, even if it comes out of their own pocket. Well, unfortunetly I had to find out rather quickly just how well they were going to stand behind their word....and they did....ten fold. Their not a big sled dealer, actually Harleys are their bread and butter, but the guy told me different strokes for different folks. If sledding is your game, he wants you happy sledding. He told me all this w/ out even knowing that I own a Harley so he wasn't smoozing me. I'd buy again from them in a heartbeat...

BTW...The dealer is Arkport Cycles.
                    It's who we are ..... It's what we do !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by snopro
                      ..it has to be REALLY hard for sled dealers today.....
                      one of my best friends is a CAT dealer....
                      look at the dealers going out of business today!

Personally, I do not bicker over whatever he charges me for a NEW sled and I have been supporting him for 16 years....(prior to that.. I raced against him when we where younger....he was a John Deere dealer back then...I rode Polaris....)

I dont PRICE shop sleds....WHY??? his SERVICE/SUPPORT!

Because I may find a sled somewhere else that will save me 500 bucks...but when it BREAKS...will that NEW dealer support you?????
                      how long does it take to get you in for repair????

I think ALOT of people think dealers make ALOT OF $$$$ on sleds....but do they really????
                      ....If YOU invested ...lets just say..$7,000.00 on A SLED...now remember..your the dealer....how much would you like to make on that investment???? when you sell it!!!!

$200-$300-$400-$500-$600-$700-$800-$900-$1,000,,,,more????

Lets see your answers!!! and comments about your dealer.....

rate your dealer....(1 puke/ 2 oh well/ 3 not bad/ 4 good/ 5 the best)

service
                      parts
                      support

I hear you Z, it's the service after the sale that really counts, plus the way you are treated. Hilltop Sales in Bangor, PA. has been my Arctic Cat dealer since day one for these reasons. The head mechanic is more than helpful, and will go out of his way to answer any technical or parts questions, plus the staff is great. Unfortunately, I have a few friends that just don't get it. They end up buying their sleds from other dealers to save a $100 or $200, but end up taking their sled to Hilltop for service? "That's just wrong"
                      I wonder what their reason's are for not just taking it back for service where they bought it? Right...

I cant say enough good about these people, and be sure to ask for the KING if your looking for a sled.
                      http://www.hilltopsales.com/

Service - 5
                      Parts - 5
                      Support - 5

Later,
                      Firecat...Firehawk...
                      If it were up to me, there would only be One season…
                      07-08: 4125
                      06-07: 3835
                      05-06: 3131

Comment

I have a dealer called RPM. I support their shop to the best that I can. These guys helped my get my sled rocking. I won't ever go anywhere else.
                        This is just MY opinion and in no way reflects the opinion of SLEDFREAK, it's members or administrators. I reserve the right to trash anyone who leaves themself wide open to it. LOL!

Comment

i rate mine 5/5! my 98 xc700 came from my friends dealership, i know the owner and all the people that work there and have rode with many of there kids sens we were little (about 5 years old.) and not to mension the good discount i get there

all my friends always buy new sleds from there, i dont plan on buying a new sled ANY time soon tho, new sleds cost to much now days
                          1990 cr80
                          1996 cr250
                          1998 xc 700
                          1999 rmk 700
                          and the list keeps growing

Comment

Working...
                          X