LED Brake light placement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LED Brake light placement

I'm looking for your ideas guys and gals. I bought my new LED for the brake light and I am looking for some ideas where to put it. I am taking off the rack on the back so it is flat, nice and clean.

The first idea. The manufacturer said it would be ok on the vinyl seat. So that is my plan for now. TPlace it on the back of te seat where the seat makes a point, the two side tape is real strong and I bought I prep kit for that section. There is some hard plastic behind that section so I am not worried about it sinking in. The light itself is promoted as a "Flexible aray", so it bends to mount flush.

The second idea.Placing it on the rear grab bar. I would have to replace the bar there is a small dink in it.

The third is to place it between the rivet holes above the snow flap. I have seen few sleds like that.

The fourth idea. Under the seat where the seat makes a point.

I have pics of all these, but I really HATE resizing pics. Really. If you want pics I would be more then happy to send them via email to you for your opinion.

(psst, boss, we need a way to have pics resized by themslf when they are uploaded on here! I know I am lazy, but it is a pain in the arse!!!)

EDIT: This is kinda cheating, but:
    http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/fo...TOPIC_ID=47492
    Last edited by Intimdtr77; 04-10-2006, 01:49 PM.
    "If ya can't fix it, get a hammer. If a hammer won't fix it, get a pry bar. If a pry bar won't fix it, get a bigger hammer. If the bigger hammer doesn't fix it. It belongs there."
    Me

It's easier than you think to resize em Jack. Here ya go....

Goto Microsoft PowerToys for windows XP:
    http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx
    download and install the image resizer powertoy (Imageresizer.exe)

This adds a "Resize Pictures" selection to the right-click menu. Just right-click on any picture file and select Resize Pictures. A dialog box pops up and you can choose how much to shrink it! Way cool......and EASY!
    Last edited by artiksno340; 04-06-2006, 12:41 PM.

Comment

Bad link. I got things to re-size. I just try and enter the size, 640x480 and it's to big. So I change it a little and it's to small. I can't win. I am open o new things, so if it is easier i'll try it. Try the link again though.
      "If ya can't fix it, get a hammer. If a hammer won't fix it, get a pry bar. If a pry bar won't fix it, get a bigger hammer. If the bigger hammer doesn't fix it. It belongs there."
      Me

Comment

I like the 1st pic. Take some pics of the final product, I might have you do the same to my sled it is really trick.

Comment

sorry bud, hopefully this link will work

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/d...powertoys.mspx

Comment

I think on the seat, better visability cause its higher and a little more out of the snow dust. The curve to it on the seat just really catches my eye too. Hope to see some pics when your done.

Comment

The seat is the best looking, but I would be worried about it staying there long term.
              #3 pic is probably the most sensible placement for it, but it does look great on the seat...
              If your presence doesn't make a difference, neither will your absence.

proud to wear the colors ofSLEDFREAK.COM and EWA RACINGand SIXSIXONEand TEAM INDUSTRIES

Comment

Well the seat it is! I love the way it looks on the curved seat! When I get installed I'll post the finished product. The sled is ton apart for now. Getting ready to do the tunnel!
                Me

Comment

dump the rear grab bar,and put it on the flat surface where the tunnel angles down to the flap,i have mine that way and being it is LED it is very bright,mine did not have the option of tapin git rivets only,it works well there on mine,why i need it i dunno i dont ride trails and if your following someone up a mountain who the hell is gonna grab the break...lol but its your sled your choice
                  if speed kills im a deadman
                  lean n mean
                  steep n deep

Comment

The way it is made there is no place for rivets. It has heavy duty 3M tape on it. When I asked them on the phone about the strength they said it would stick to anything. They said once it's on, it's on for good. So make sure I like where I pick.
                    Me

Comment

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhh ic,yeah mine is rivet only,but you could tape if you wanted,iu have a boss seat so it would be directing its light much more upwards oposed to back,im wondering as we speak why i even have one there,i guess it looks cooool...hahahaha
                      if speed kills im a deadman
                      lean n mean
                      steep n deep

Comment

DONE woo hoo!!!!!

Here it is, I am very happy with the end result.

http://www.snowmobilefanatics.com/fo...TOPIC_ID=47492
                        Me

Comment

Looks good. Mine is next!

Comment

No problem, the total cost was $67.64. The parts came in about a week or so. If I know we are going to be meeting sometime I'll have you order the stuff ahead of time. The when when we see each other some time I can install it. It's actually kinda simple, if you want I can walk ya through it? (Don't want you to think I was playing the high and mighty male role!)
                            Me

Comment

Originally posted by Intimdtr77
                              if you want I can walk ya through it? (Don't want you to think I was playing the high and mighty male role!)
                              Male Chauvinist Pig !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kidding. I would rather watch you work on my sled and drink beer.

Comment

Working...
                              X