Water Crossing Exhaust Tech?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Water Crossing Exhaust Tech?

Wanted to know if running the pipes out the right side of the belly pan would be okay for water crossing. I want to know if it would pass tech. Let me know please. Just would rather run them out the side then down through. Thanks
    Arctic Cat all the way!!

Toys
    05 Firecat F5, DD Can, Isovibe, low windshield, handgaurds.
    02 Mountain Cat 600 LE 144 2inch lug, Cobra Windshield, SnowStuff Can, SLP Powder Pro Skis, Hyperfax, handgaurds
    97 ZRT 800, For Sale $2,000
    91 Indy 500 Water Toy, Decker Twin Pipes, 1.5 Paddle track, Uni-Filters, and on a Diet
    80 Ski-Doo Elan, The Big One, just a woods toy, great side toy, don't need much snow.

Rotalaris has his pipes coming out the side of the pan, I dont think its a problem.

Comment

No problem passing tech with exhaust sticking out the side.
      Sponsered by Ingles Perfomancehttp://www.inglesperformance.com , Elite Motorsportshttp://www.elitesnow.com , Northern Synlube, Amsoil, High Performance Engineeringhttp://www.hiperf.com

Comment

If it were up to me, I would aim the pipes straight up like a "BIG RIG". W/ flappers. Thats to keep the water out.
        Out the side is no problem like FORMULA600 already stated. But, If want to turn to the right, it may cause problems . The water will block off the outlets of the pipes and could be cause for concern.
        Rot.
        H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
        Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure before I did it, then got told, no you can't. Thanks.
          Bruce
          Arctic Cat all the way!!

Toys
          05 Firecat F5, DD Can, Isovibe, low windshield, handgaurds.
          02 Mountain Cat 600 LE 144 2inch lug, Cobra Windshield, SnowStuff Can, SLP Powder Pro Skis, Hyperfax, handgaurds
          97 ZRT 800, For Sale $2,000
          91 Indy 500 Water Toy, Decker Twin Pipes, 1.5 Paddle track, Uni-Filters, and on a Diet
          80 Ski-Doo Elan, The Big One, just a woods toy, great side toy, don't need much snow.

Comment

I always thought you'd just build a sheild/deflector on the bottom of the belly pan.
            Wouldn't be that tough to shape it right
            Let's Ride Idaho

Comment

If ya look close, on the bellypan theres a alum. plate. That is where my exhaust exits.
              The rider is H20XER Dave Mueller on his way to a 600 mod drag win at Epping NH oct 2004 abourd my Crank Shop built 600ves. 1990 indy wedge chassis w/ a 01 prox small block
              More pics at www.nhgrassdrags.com check it out. Movies too!!
              Rot.
              Attached Files

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

If I could make a suggestion, I would also consider having the pipes exit throuh the back ouf the hood just above the belly pan, this will allow better flow If you decide to turn right. Im considering having a set made for my watercross sled like this.

Comment

Hey Steve, welcome to the site. How was your winter? Mom, dad, G-friend? What ya building for this season? Are you gointg to Flatrock on memorial day weekend to practice? If so Ill see ya up there.
                  Rot.

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Hey Rota, I most certainly will be at flat rock over memorial weekend. For now Im kinda keeping what im doing under wraps, but it will be out soon enough, but I will tell you its not a new sled being in college the budget didnt allow for it. I will be running all of the flat rock races and hopefully all of the EWA races too. The winter was good this year, all 400 miles of riding I did I actualy made it through without breaking or blowing something up. Ill see ya in a few weeks for practice.

Comment

dont let off the gas and it wouldnt matter where the pipes where lol
                      I'm a official member of the ROTALARIS POSSE

Comment

Originally posted by craigger
                        dont let off the gas and it wouldnt matter where the pipes where lol

It does matter. My 700 mod sled has the exhaust coming out just above the choke lever area on the wedge chassis.
                        Rot.

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

na seen on tv extreme sports they had sled out of the box doing watercross said all you had to do was a little siliconeing and you would be ready to roll they all rode doos wounder why maybe they sponserd the show dont know but thats what they said but hey im no water crosser so what do i know !!!!
                          I'm a official member of the ROTALARIS POSSE

Comment

You notice the 2 guys they interviewed are never in the finals. Wonder why?
                            Sponsered by Ingles Perfomancehttp://www.inglesperformance.com , Elite Motorsportshttp://www.elitesnow.com , Northern Synlube, Amsoil, High Performance Engineeringhttp://www.hiperf.com

Comment

Working...
                            X