Rode the Hill and Fusion 12/11

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rode the Hill and Fusion 12/11

Snowy and I made the maiden voyage for the season yesterday to Tug.
    I for one am very glad we went. Gave me a chance to shake down the Fusion, see whats up w/ it and see what needs to be done. Hill conditions were favorable. Rode out of Parish which was a no no...big, deep, swampy, muddy water holes. If I posted pics of what my sled looked like you guys would shit.. I told Snowy, welp, it's broke in now ....lmao. Yes its all clean and shiny now, came home last night, let it thaw out for a while and finished cleaning it at 9:30pm. There was snow cover all over. Trails are packed, groomers were out, some stones poking thru, but found no water to speak of once we hit Redfield. Talked w/ some folks who found some water holes, think it was more Monteque way, barnes corners, etc. We rode to Highmarket for lunch and came back....130 miles in all.

As for the Fusion .....
    Gas consumption SUCKS !!!!! Had 40 miles on'r, digital reading tells me I need gas....WTF??? Go fill it up, thinking the thing is telling me wrong, pumping gas in....5 gallons, 6 gallons.....7 GALLONS to fill it. You do the math, NOT GOOD. Im am hoping this is a break in problem, but have heard more than once these sleds are coming from factory very rich. Got better mileage the 2nd tank but still not impressed, I'll play it by ear.

Handlebars are short for my taste, but do like the selective rider position. I played w/ it during the day to find a happy medium. Gotta put a 90 degree hook on it to replace the 45, its worthless. Footwells are made for sasquach feet, gotta make some brackets for a better hold so I don't find myself splattered on the trail railing a tight corner.

Starting of sled, again might have something to do w/ it being rich.....It don't start after being warm...how wierd is that ?!?!?! Comes to life 2 pulls when its cold, get it warm and its like a guy w/ PMS....unbearable. Snowy had to pull a couple times for me after I did 5-6-7 in a row. Wasn't a happy camper about it, considering I never had a problem w/ the XC, and I have the force to get the job done. Im gonna pull that hard, might as well be turning over a 900-1,000cc sled.

Steering is a tad harder than the XC. From stop to about 25mph is when you notice it, not so much once you build up speed. Felt a push/float in faster corners, my toe out is right on cause I checked it, ski's are real nice, have a keel on both sides, new carbide, so Im gonna play w/ my shocks a bit and go from there.

Rider forward, sitting higher dealy is gonna take me a while to get used to. I'm on the fence about the ergos', but w/ more saddle time I'll come around.....I hope.

Love the suspension, rides real nice, ripsaw track does what its suppose too.
    Motor is strong and even. Snappy bottom end right into mid-range, goose and go, no hesitation. haven't had much of a chance to check out top end. Fastest I've had it is 79mph, w/ more there. Once we get some good snow in my territory, in fields I know, will be test time for that.

There ya have it....
    Hope Mother nature and Old man winter find the Magic Bus to get it on in, cause it's time to ride !!!
    It's who we are ..... It's what we do !!!!

Bravo!!!

Great Review

Comment

Sounds like more bad then good!!!!!!!!hehehe

Comment

excellent review of the fusion. i have yet to hear reallly good stuff about that machine. i hope you can work all the problems out and have a hell of a sled!

Comment

900 Fusion

I have a 900 Fusion that I got to ride for the first time this past sunday.

Gas consumption: It is hard on gas for sure but it did seem to get better with the 2nd tank...Thank god.

Handlebars: I really like having a choice of where to put the bar's and I like the foot well's and the seat is awsome.

Starting: the first time pulling that rope was a bitch for sure but after breaking the motor in it wasn't as bad and when it was hot it started on the first pull.

Steering: I though it steered EZ but it pick's up a push at speed when trying to corner.I'm hoping I can make some ajustment's to fix the problem.

Rider forward: I'm never going back.... Absoluty loved it

Suspension:Very nice ride front and back.It will only take a couple of small ajustment's to make it perfect

Motor: WOW It just keep's pulling...Very strong
          Last edited by Late_Braker; 12-13-2005, 08:33 AM.
          Ride it like a Rental

"Fear" : A balencing act between Normalcy and Idiocity, ...It Parelizes the Majority,... But give's Clarity to some.

Comment

new sleds

worked for dealer for years most sleds come through with fat jets if carb, most of time you can go down 2 steps which will help gas mil,and performance

Comment

Great post XC!Good to hear ya had a good time.
              What size is your sled? 600, 700 or 900
              Is that fusion carburated or a fuelie? If its carbed you can lean out the fuel screw on the carb.Not the air screw.I turned mine in 1/2 turn. Starts good when warm now
              Maybe a bit more preload on the front shocks will help w/ the steering.
              Did SNOWMAN fall off his sled at all? He usually does a barrel roll and a launches into the "willys" LOL.

See ya later ROT.
              H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
              Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Hi Deb: Glad you had a good ride. Hope you work all the bugs from the Fusion.

You did spend a LOT of time on your XCSP it will take a while to get use to the Fusion...WAY different than an XCSP...more like the REV...

Can't wait to get together to ride.

2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
                We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
                But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
                What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
                It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

Hey Joe, I forgot to add the sled dies when put into electric reverse too. I didn't expect this sled to be bug free, there problems that can be fixed, or the dealer will have a miserable life this winter w/ me. I'll take these problems over what the guys had w/ the 900's last yr. This sled is strong, awesome powerband, runs great, and performs as I like a sled too. Just need to get the gas, reverse, and starting problems taken care of. The rest is ME getting used to it. Like Phil said, I spent a LOT of time on the XC, I knew that sled inside and out, upside down and right side up. I just need more saddle time, and figure out a bracket for the footwells, once I know I can lock in and STAY locked in, the rest is good to go !!

-Rota, it's a 600....and carb'd. I'll try that along w/ dropping the jets down. Im hoping for snow locally soon so I can mess w/ the shocks, thats the sweet deal w/ the walker evens, lil turny of the knobby and go. Same as the rear shocks. No complaints what so ever w/ the motor and susp, think Im gonna leave it right alone.
                  -No, Snowy didn't do the launch...lol. That was one sight last yr in Quebec I can do w/ out ever seeing again. I'll take the outcome we had ...Although, cats do land on there paws !!

Looking way forward to seeing everyone in January !!

Comment

Does the motor stall all the time while reversing or when the engine is cold? My sisters and moms sled needed to have a bit of "heat " in the motor prior to activating the elec. rev.
                    ROT.
                    H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
                    Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Same here,mine will stall if the motor is cold but if there is some heat in the motor it work's fine
                      Ride it like a Rental

"Fear" : A balencing act between Normalcy and Idiocity, ...It Parelizes the Majority,... But give's Clarity to some.

Comment

It does it while warm Rota. We were on the last leg of the trip right before Parish, came upon a rather large waterhole, went to put in reverse to back up, and go around it.......POOF, shut down. Mind you, this was after running straight time on the sleds for at least 25+ miles. Back to the hard start, it took my 3 hard pulls to start it. By now the Italian temper was kicking in and about pulled the recoil right out of it !!! lol

Comment

01XC,My sled came from the dealer with pre mix in the tank 1 pint to 5 Gal. of gas 4 brakin... maybe this could be ur rich problem
                          Ride it like a Rental

Comment

Rota, my 144 studs and my new C&A Razors have my sled cornering on the rails. Its a night and day differance from last year. No more pushing into the corners, and NO MORE BARREL ROLLING the sled. Sorry you won't have anything to bash on me about this year, but I have a surprise for you at the ride. I have something that will put your Rumpleminz to shame.

Comment

Snowy glad you got the pumpkin on rails...NOW I want to ride it again...I remember how EVIL it was, I bet it is sweet now...

2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
                              We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
                              But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
                              What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
                              It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

Working...
                              X