went for a nice lil ride today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• went for a nice lil ride today

well made a new friend today. met tj(artiksno340) today and we made a lil trip up to hickory run and the lehigh gorge in pa...hickory run isnt a big place but to get the snow ride itch off it will do...we put on 50 miles by lunch time after a good lunch at the hickory house and some help from the workers we found the lehigh gorge. the lehigh gorge runs about 30 miles long along side the lehigh river. we ran the gorge from hickory run for about 15 miles...but had to turn back after the road was plowed. needless to say a good 80 miles total today and was a blast. here are some pics

Click image for larger version

Name:	DCP02225.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	55.8 KB
ID:	371008

Name:	DCP02226.JPG
Size:	53.1 KB
ID:	371009

Name:	DCP02227.JPG
Views:	2
Size:	61.7 KB
ID:	371010

Name:	DCP02228.JPG
Size:	44.7 KB
ID:	371011

Name:	DCP02229.JPG
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	371012

Doesn't it feel great to scratch that itch !!!
    3rd pic down is really pretty w/ that frozen waterfall.....
    Ya know, not for nuntin', but that area there sure looks a lot like Tioga National Park I rode 3 yrs back......slim trails, fire roads, switchbacks.....Is it ??? close to it??? just a similiar area ??

........Wishin' I was riding there tomorrow ???
    It's who we are ..... It's what we do !!!!

Comment

not even close...its an old River road that follws the river and then follows RR

Comment

Catpack can you still get to the pole lines & pipe lines from Hickory Run? I rode that whole area as a kid I know it well. Let me know if you go back there I will meet you there.

610-703-5661

Thanks
        2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
        We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
        But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
        What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
        It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

was this 12/21/05

I would've thought the rain had killed it....im just below quakertown....
          and i have a bad itch to ride......no time till after holidays....but i could jet up there tomorrow if its ridable

Comment

Nice pics and nice ride! Scenery looks great!
            SnowRida
            Runnin Against the Wind!
            Against the Wind, Let the Cowboy's RIDE!
            Yamaha V-Max
            02 MXZ 600
            97 Polaris Indy Trail Touring

Mid-West Super Moderater

Comment

thanks for the comments everyone! it was a great first ride. yes, we did ride the pipe lines and power lines, but they are a little iffy because of all the rocks. we could only ride certain sections because of the lack of snow and rocks. DC800, go if you can, i'm sure today, Friday, should still be ok, but it will probably be pretty crappy after today because of the higher temps

Comment

Catpack and Artiksno I live in Monroe Co. the next time it snow's localy we should get together and do some riding.
                Ride it like a Rental

"Fear" : A balencing act between Normalcy and Idiocity, ...It Parelizes the Majority,... But give's Clarity to some.

Comment

sounds good to me, i'm always up for riding with new people, keep in touch when the white stuff flies again!!! (hopefully the 28-31 according to the farmers almanac)

Comment

yea i definately love making new friends....ive logged 200 miles this year up in this area and love to put more on...if you know any other places to ride let me know....im off every monday so thats a good day for me or sundays too

Comment

Working...
                    X