what to expect on the hill the next few weeks

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• what to expect on the hill the next few weeks

I'm supposed to travel up to the hill (Barnes Corners area) the week of the 15th-21st to ride with a buddy of mine. His camp is up there. We were thinking of venturing off the hill that week, maybe head up towards Tupper Lake. Warm weather and rain looks like its taking its toll on the lower portions of the hill. Snow Showers expected for a week or so. Is that going to be enough to boost the conditions to make it worth taking that first week off of work or would it be better to wait? Any opinions? I just hate waiting. I only get one shot a year so I prefer it to come sooner rather than later. Its about a 6 hour trip from where I am in Maryland so I want to make it count. I went up last year and rode on a Sunday/ Monday and we rode from BC out to Stillwater and back and the trails were awesome. Nice and flat. Previous 7 years I always rode Thu-Sat but figured low traffic during week makes for great riding.
    In this world we're living in, we have our share of sorrow . . . answer now is don't give in, aim for a new tomorrow.

read todays tug report

Comment

When you go ....

Well when you go hope for the BEST. I went last year the day after christmas to polaski and it was aful. You can also check www.absolutesnowmobile.com for trail conditions. But if it says good to fair cond. DON't go. It said that when we went and we should have takin the 4-wheelers.

Comment

hey Jake

Y ou want to run that rev against my new XC.Uncle Misfit

Comment

****BE CAREFUL!!

ABS.com

I have been getting viruses from that site!!!
          various cams..and I know a few others who have also!!!!

Comment

Sure Misfit

Sure. Exept we will take the 4-wheeler to the mountains and that might be the same conditions. NOT SNOWMOBILIES... Whos viper and what happin to the flap YELLOW 4 SKIDOO NOT

Comment

"when it says fair to good - don't go"

bad advice unless you don't know the hill.........

Comment

Thanks for the replies. I've ridden in spring like conditions before. I am not an expert on the hill, but I finally received my own map so that I can try and "study" up on the trails. I usually have an idea of where I am as I follow my bud's lead, however I don't really know the bulk of the trails so although I ride as hard as I can, I know my limits and am especially careful in turns (where I lose the most ground) and approaching hill crests. I never know what's waiting over the ridge.

I was just looking for some positive reinforcement to go ASAP.

Snopro, I check ABS all the time and did a virus scan last night to see if I picked up anything on my pc. Nada!
                In this world we're living in, we have our share of sorrow . . . answer now is don't give in, aim for a new tomorrow.

Comment

Working...
                X