Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Death In Old Forge!!

UTICA PAPER

OLD FORGE — A snowmobiler was killed early Saturday after he crashed and was then hit by two other riders, Webb town police said.

Police said Joshua H. Allen, 20, of Slate Hill, was riding on Trail 2 at 12:30 a.m. when he passed two other riders, and then was ejected from his snowmobile after striking a berm of snow.

The riders on the two other snowmobiles — Darrell A. Ford, 20, of Westtown, and Brett R. Ford, 23, of New Hampton — said their view of the accident was obstructed by snow kicked up when Allen passed them, and they subsequently struck Allen as he lay on the trail, police said.

Allen suffered a severe head injury, police said, and was taken to St. Elizabeth Medical Center in Utica, where he died.

Police said they are continuing to investigate the crash but said no additional information was available Saturday night.

Those 3 towns (westtown,new hampton,slate hill) are all close together,the guy ran over was probably there friend.

Comment

Things like this scare the hell out of me....ride safe !!
      L.O.L Band Fingerlakes N.Y.

Comment

Originally posted by Slowgoer
        Things like this scare the hell out of me....ride safe !!
        i feel the same way

Comment

The riders on the two other snowmobiles — Darrell A. Ford, 20, of Westtown, and Brett R. Ford, 23, of New Hampton — said their view of the accident was obstructed by snow kicked up when Allen passed them,
          then he was probly drunk and going like a bat out of h e l l

Comment

Why just because it was late would you label him as a drunk sledder? Just what this sport needs is more people pointing the finger. We have a hard enough time from nonsledders. How about sorry to hear the loss and many prayers to the family and friends that will miss him.

Comment

My sympathy goes out to all the families

My deepest sympathy goes out to all the families involved.

Fellow sledders need to be a bit more patient in the trails. There is no need to go ripping past another sledder, kicking up snow especially late at night. Generally slower riders will move over to the side and let faster riders pass. But give them a chance to notice you behind them so they can respond and do so. Remember most sleds do not have rear view mirrors and sleds are getting quieter these days. How many of us have had a sled go ripping by you that you didn't even know was there until the sled was right next to you and it scared the crap out of you???? Alcohol involved or not incidents like this give the sport a bad reputation. This is a terrible accident and a pointless death that could have been avoided.

Comment

Working...
              X