** New Lowville Walmart Open...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ** New Lowville Walmart Open...

I know..snow reports and discussions..but we need to get groceries when where here... I was there at 7:30 this morning....walked into ribbon cutting....nice place...people in NY are always friendler then anywhere else...so they got it all there..SUPER WAL MART!!!

good news for us sledders in need o grub and beverages...

That company is amazing. They are also building another one in Malone, I got the material order for the roof yesterday

Comment

thats good to know, more jobs too!!

Comment

No way

wal-mart is not a source of good paying jobs. it is not a blessing that wal-mart opened up. give it a few months and the store will look like shit, all the small stores in town will be vacant, and most of the employees with be on medicade.

Comment

Im w/ Wicked. Pretty soon the mom and pop pharmacy will be no more, as the barber shop, local oil change, tire store, grocery,feed store, ect ect. My father had a grocery store in down town Albany for 35 years. 4 blocks away a Stewarts shop and Rite Aid went up. 4 years later my pop sold it. revenue down over 40%.
          As for conveniance, there ggrreeatttttttttttttttt!!!!!!! Thats it.
          Rot.
          H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
          Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Wal-Mart sucks...they do not treat their employees well. Rot is right they will put the little guy out...boycott all big box stores.

Vermont will not allow Wal-Mart stores in the state.
            2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
            We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
            But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
            What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
            It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

Still an amazing business. I never buy there, only take their money.

Comment

I once use to think Walmart was the best thing since sliced bread. But each time I went to my local super center I got progressively more irritated. No matter what time I shop, the store is filled with screaming brats that you are tripping over and are riding bicycles through the store with no parent in sight. The store is always packed with people. It was next to impossible to go in for a few items and get out in a timely fashion. When it started taking me an hour to cash out with 10 items or less I took my business else where. I would literally stand in line for an hour or more each time I went to that place. I rarely go to walmart now, I do pay a little more at other stores but I do not have to deal with all the BS.

Comment

A-F-MEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Walmart needs to be stopped. Thank god Maryland passed a new law making walmart more accountable for its employees' health care. Now we need to unionize them and get them better wages
                  Last edited by dongdangding; 01-25-2006, 10:26 PM.

Comment

I am not a big union fan but they need better wages & benefits. Our local al-Marts are employing Seniors that would be eating dog food if not for their Wal-Mart jobs. They (Wal-Mart) take advantage of everyone involved.

Damit!!!

2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
                    We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
                    But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
                    What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
                    It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

......union, ya ya....that's it......if the poor bastard employees didn't have enough problems! Force 'em to join a union for minimal gains, AND force 'em to pay "union dues" (aka extortion)
                      I see them unions are doing wonders for the auto workers! Betcha the top union WADS won't get laid off.
                      Do they have unions in Japan?
                      I got friends in LOW places......TEAM DICK BANDIT

Comment

Originally posted by SNOBALLZ
                        ......union, ya ya....that's it......if the poor bastard employees didn't have enough problems! Force 'em to join a union for minimal gains, AND force 'em to pay "union dues" (aka extortion)
                        I see them unions are doing wonders for the auto workers! Betcha the top union WADS won't get laid off.
                        Do they have unions in Japan?
                        The hell with Japan. European walmart employees are unionized and get 35 days vacation per year. Their wages on average equal 14.00/hr USA. Not a bad living for that kind of work. As for the auto workers (I'm one of them UAW Local 1097), our union is maling excellent gains on the draconian proposals by Steve "fuckhead" Miller. Everyones current labor conditions wouldn't be where they are today if it wasn't for labor unions and the men and women who gave their lives for those changes. We should be grateful and put an end to big business policies!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Great just what they needed

Have you ever noticed when they are stocking the shelves that most if not all the shipping boxes are from oversees. Their buying technics are ruthless and they claim to create jobs in the us. These big chains are digging in to start selling fuel as well, they won't be happy till they have it all. Lowville should have slammed the door shut, they would have been better of without, its more like china mart

Comment

I think Brian is on to something....

Ballz, believe it or not the Auto unions are doing more for their members then you think. When the times were good at the Big 3, they secured pensions, health care and raises. Why should a company make millions off the blood and sweat of their workers and not compensate them. You can mark my word, the Jap's will find out soon enough when the unions get a foot hold inside their auto plants.

Comment

Working...
                            X