Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Diva's on her way to Canada tomorrow

Heading up to the Kelly Shires Snow Run for Fun.. www.snowrunforfun.com
    I am gonna try to recruit some of you gals here to come next year. The leader of the Hooter Haulers (Aggressive driving group!!) would love to have some company.

Here is a pic from last year:
    :
    The theme behind the Snow Run is women helping women. The ride is designed to raise these needed funds in financially assisting women with their fight against breast cancer. Participants are encouraged to raises pledges for the charity. Everything from the pledges to raffles and live/silent auctions are done to help raise funds for these women who need it. The Kelly Shires Breast Cancer Snow Run is a registered Canadian charity that raises money for the women who need it. Helping to financially assist women diagnosed with breast cancer, as there are many unforeseen expenses faced which health insurance programs may not cover. The trust provides this assistance to women in these circumstances in order to make their fight with cancer a little less challenging.

In honour and memory of Kelly (who lost her lengthy battle with breast cancer on October 31, 2004), the women who battle this disease so bravely every day and those that we have lost to this disease, let’s keep Kelly’s dream alive and growing

Last edited by SpeedDiva; 02-06-2006, 03:27 PM.
    - Riding in honor and in memory of those we love!

Hi Diva...I am sure you could get some of the Freaks to go...How far before the bras are blown away...LOL Any A's there???

2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
    We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
    But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
    What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
    It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

Well I know they stay on well enough till up around 90... :-) that good enough?

The bra thing is something we started a couple years ago.. My friend and I from the states showed up for the ride with these huge bras on our jackets...

I guess this year all the girls in the Hooter Hauler team (24 in all) will be wearing giant pink bras...

Its a riot!

Unfortunatly, registration has been cut off due to the overwhelming interest in this great event! But, If anyone is interested in riding up there this weekend... that is where we will be! (just not sure their riding conditions are a whole lot better than the hill).

Last edited by SpeedDiva; 02-01-2006, 09:45 AM.

Comment

What a truly fantastic thing going on there.
        Sue, have you gone to the Ontario one also ???

Curious as to if anything like this is done in the states, specifically NY ??
        Look forward to your post when you get back.
        Have a great time and be safe.

PS...Make sure you blindfold some beefcake at closing time w/ those thar pink cannon holders !! .....and take a pic !!!!
        It's who we are ..... It's what we do !!!!

Comment

There is a breast cancer ride in Tug Hill in March. I'll get the info on it and post it or maybe Wagzz770 can post it. I was going to ride this year but it is when I'll be in Wyoming!

Comment

Here it is ..........

http://www.tughillsnowrun.com/
            It's who we are ..... It's what we do !!!!

Comment

Yes, the Tug Hill event is the one I have started. I am working with my friend Jody to plan it. The Tug Hill event is much like Kelly's ride in Ontario (I'm going for the 4th time this weekend) but the difference is that we have both men and women ride in our event. I didnt want to limit this to just women, though we can tailor a group for just women if there ie enough interest, but I know that #1 Men can get Breast Cancer and #2, when a woman is diagnosed, usually a man (brother, friend, husband, etc) is also impacted with the diagnosis.

We also do not have a trust set up, like Kelly's ride in Canada, but we have chosen very inportant recipients for our prodeeds to go to. Mainly the organization we are fundraisng for, works to help women who have been diagnosed, that either have insurance, but it is not good insurance, so their out of pocket expenses are high, or no insurance at all. So this helps make sure women are getting mamograms, and helps to defray treatment costs. This Wellness Center is associated with the Susan J Komen foundation, in that they receive grants from the foundation.

So, without wanting to confuse anyone, we ar raising money for the Wellness Center and for the Komen Foundation, because without the Komen foundation these local affiliates would not be having such an extensive impact.

If anyone has questions, I would be very happy to answer.

I am doing this because #1- I love snowmobiling, I gave up the chase for the checkerd flag to try to do something to benefit a greater population, and #2 because my mother and grandmother were both diagnosed, pre-meanopausally with bilateral Breast Cancer.

I am motivated to do my best to make a difference!!
              Last edited by SpeedDiva; 02-01-2006, 02:34 PM.

Comment

Men are affected, my best female friend is a 5 year breast cancer survivor...
                We need more awareness & money for more research...Great job Diva...

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
                We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
                But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
                It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

phil...could be a good cause for next years snowmobile/golf touranament????

Comment

Cancer & M S are high on my list...

Perfect!

Comment

I can play golf,and put a bra on my windscreen, now where do I meet DIVA?

Comment

Hey Phil,

This sounds like a great idea!! Before you plan anything please talk to us as we are looking to take our event to the next level and would like to team efforts with www.SledFreak.com if possible...

Comment

OK Diva:

But you need to talk to Snopro...it is his site.

I will be happy to assist in manner that is necessary.

Have a safe trip & enjoy your weekend.

Perfect!

Comment

OK Joee - lets find some time to talk - hopefully after we get some snow and have put 100 miles on :-)

Comment

Lets Do Lunch!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X