Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is this weather report right?

OF...OSWEGO...WATERTOWN...LOWVILLE 552 PM EST SUN FEB 5 2006
    ...LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST TUESDAY...

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST TUESDAY.

STEADIER LAKE SNOWS WILL SET UP EAST OF LAKE ONTARIO THIS EVENING AND TONIGHT. SOUTHWEST WINDS WILL DIRECT THE HEAVIEST SNOW INTO WATERTOWN AND AREAS TO THE NORTH TONIGHT THROUGH MONDAY AFTERNOON. AS THE WINDS SHIFT TO THE WEST MONDAY AFTERNOON AND MONDAY NIGHT...THE LAKE SNOWS WILL SETTLE SOUTH ACROSS THE TUG HILL PLATEAU AND INTO OSWEGO COUNTY. THE SNOW...COMBINED WITH WINDS GUSTING UP TO 40 MPH...WILL CREATE FREQUENT WHITEOUTS AND VERY DIFFICULT DRIVING CONDITIONS TONIGHT AND MONDAY.

TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 1 TO 2 FEET ARE EXPECTED BY TUESDAY MORNING...WITH OVER 2 FEET POSSIBLE ACROSS THE TUG HILL PLATEAU.

IN LAKE EFFECT SNOW...THE WEATHER CAN VARY FROM LOCALLY HEAVY SNOW IN NARROW BANDS TO CLEAR SKIES JUST A FEW MILES AWAY. IF YOU WILL BE TRAVELING ACROSS THE REGION BE PREPARED FOR ROUGH WINTER CONDITIONS AND RAPID CHANGES IN ROAD AND VISIBILITY CONDITIONS

Over 2 feet of snow possible?

Who is going to the Hill and would anyone like to ride? We may go up Weds or Thursday through Sat.

Yes eater it is possible and is happening as we type.At least a foot overnight and much more to come...so call everyone on the east coast cause lord knows they are on their way to beat up the hill once again.Me..... I'll stay home till they get another 2' or so.!!

By wed night if this keeps up my guess would be 4+ feet of new snow.That should be enuff to groom .....ya think ?? LOL
    L.O.L Band Fingerlakes N.Y.

Comment

slow...why wait???..you have 250 miles and winter isnt gonna last much longer...Im jumping in the SNOW PARTY Tuesday morning...
      those who snooze.....lose!

Comment

Hey Freak....put me up for a few days and we'll ride and drink Jack like there is no tomorrow !!
        L.O.L Band Fingerlakes N.Y.

Comment

cmon now!!!

Now they are saying 3 ft.

A LAKE EFFECT SNOW WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 7 AM EST TUESDAY.

LAKE EFFECT SNOW NEAR AND SOUTH OF WATERTOWN WILL BE FIRMLY ESTABLISHED OVER THE TUG HILL TODAY AND TONIGHT. THE LAKE SNOWS WILL MIGRATE NORTH OF WATERTOWN AT TIMES BUT BEGIN TO DRIFT FURTHER SOUTH LATE TONIGHT AND TUESDAY AS WINDS SHIFT MORE TO THE NORTHWEST.

TOTAL SNOW ACCUMULATIONS OF 3 FEET OR MORE EXPECTED BY TUESDAY MORNING IN PERSISTENT SNOWS...ESPECIALLY ACROSS THE TUG HILL PLATEAU. STRONG WINDS WILL PRODUCE WHITEOUTS AND HEAVY DRIFTING WITH VERY DANGEROUS DRIVING CONDITIONS. SOME ROADS WILL BECOME IMPASSABLE.

IN LAKE EFFECT SNOW...THE WEATHER CAN VARY FROM VERY HEAVY SNOW TO CLEAR SKIES JUST A FEW MILES AWAY. IF YOU WILL BE TRAVELING ACROSS THE REGION BE PREPARED FOR VERY DIFFICULT WINTER CONDITIONS AND RAPID CHANGES IN ROAD AND VISIBILITY CONDITIONS.

NEW: More detailed local map tracking!

Comment

lowville

here is a pic from this am
            Attached Files

Comment

Sweet I see a day trip to the hill on wednesday
              Ride it like a Rental

"Fear" : A balencing act between Normalcy and Idiocity, ...It Parelizes the Majority,... But give's Clarity to some.

Comment

Working...
              X