I Need Help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I Need Help

My 2000 Zrt 600 Is Leaking Through The Weep Hole At The Bottom Of The Water Pump And I Have Replaced All Seals And I Dont Know What Else To Do About It. Can Someone Please Help Me Because I Need It Fixed So I Can Go Riding I The Mountains This Weekend.
    Sit-down,Shut-up and Hold the hell on

private message

scrumpyjack!!!!

Comment

Man you guys were up early!!

If you replaced all of the seals and you're still leaking, you will probably need to take ~.020" off the end of the shaft to allow the impeller to fit tight. If the shaft sticks out past the impeller when everything gets tightened, the impeller will have unwanted movement in it, allowing coolant to leak along the shaft and it takes the easiest egress route (weep hole). You can check this by removing the pump housing and taking the bolt out of impeller. Remove 2 washers from bolt and reinstall the bolt with a flat washer only on it. Tighten it down and if there is any endplay in the impeller, either the impeller will have to be replaced, or you will have to take some off the shaft.
      These leaks are common on the triples.

If you have more questions about it, feel free.
      Attached Files
      Last edited by scrumpyjack; 01-23-2006, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Sorry, threw the picture up and deleted the part that referenced the photo.

#8 the washer/seal that will keep the coolant from inside the impeller when everything is drawn tight. If this was not replaced, it is your likely suspect.

Don't forget to use red loctite on the bolt on final reassembly.

Comment

Wow!!!

Awesome Scrumpyjack!!!

Thanks For Helpin Out

Comment

Ok Thanks Ill Try That Ill Get The Parts From My Work And Go From There

Comment

Anything for the greater good!!

Comment

Well i got the leak to stop thanks for the help now the zrt rips

Comment

Excellent.....I hope it went well for you!!! Do you still have snow around June?? I'll be in the Fairbanks area around that time and next to having a tee time of 11pm, I was hoping we might still be able to ride somewhere.

Comment

Scrumpys a great help when it comes to your sled. He helped me out a few times already.

Comment

You will still be able to ride in the mountains in june but not in town and now it seems like my water pump isnt working it worked great for about an hour now when the motor is running it makes a whistling noise what could that be i was thinking of an exaust doughnut but im not sure its starting to make me very angry

Comment

ask SKRUMPYJACK!!!

Comment

sorry for the late reply.....it's in your PM

Comment

Working...
                          X