2" riser on RMK HELP!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2" riser on RMK HELP!!!!!!!!

Put a powermadd block style riser on today. It looked great but when i turned to the left the oil cable is tight real tight. Moved a few things around and did no good,so i took it off. What did i do wrong, people have said they put 3" with no probs?

2003 polaris rmk 151

It basically depends on your routing and model year etc.
    Try re-routing it and see if that gets it where it needs to be for you.

If you do decide that you need longer cables, I can hook you up.
    Look to www.gravityworxracing.com on the products page.
    I have them there for $49.99
    Let's Ride Idaho

Comment

I tried to re-route it but just dont work. So I guess i will be buying new cables for it.

Comment

student driver what Extended Mountain Throttle Cable would i need for my 03 polaris 700 rmk? I was on your web site and didnt know for sure which one. Soon as you get me the info i will be buying one, how much longer are they from stock?
        Thanks Keith Kessinger

Comment

Thanks
          The 03 takes the Polaris Rack cable.
          It's a direct replacement for your stocker and will accomodate up to an 8 inch rise on the 03.
          They are in stock and ready to ship.
          Let's Ride Idaho

Comment

Ok great thanks for the info, just got it ordered. Now for the dumb Question. How do i get the cable off the block on the handle bars? I know how to get it of the thumb throttle,does the end of the cable screw off? or to you have to pry it out? never changed cables before. I hope you understand what i am saying.

Comment

No problem.

What you do is to look at your thumb throttle where the cable goes from the thumb flipper to your throttle block.
              You will see a C-clip that holds the housing end into the throttle block.
              Remove the C-clip with a pair of needle nose pliers, and then pull the housing straight out the end.
              You will see a small gap or slit across the bottom of your throttle block where the inner cable can come out.

Pay attention to how the cable comes off of your oiler and off of your rack carbs, as that will make it easier to install the new one. Be sure to make sure that you see the allignment marks on your oiler.

The new one does come with directions for propper adjustment and all, and will ship either last thing this afternoon or first thing Monday morning.

If you come up with any other questions, just call toll free at 1-800-797-5414 during normal business hours and I'll walk you through any part you need.

Thanks for the order too. I appriciate it.
              Darin
              Last edited by student Driver; 03-03-2006, 03:56 PM.
              Let's Ride Idaho

Comment

ok thanks for the info, i will be waiting for it to show so i can get my riser on finally. Thanks again keith

Comment

No problem.
                  Thank you for the order actually.
                  It shipped today, and should be in your hands on about Tuesday
                  Let's Ride Idaho

Comment

Originally posted by student Driver
                    No problem.
                    Thank you for the order actually.
                    It shipped today, and should be in your hands on about Tuesday
                    that will work great i can have it on before i have to go back to work

Comment

its here its here

Comment

Working...
                      X