bogging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• bogging

I have a 2003 700 RMK, when i hill climb in deep powder,and really work the motor hard it starts to bog and loses all power, like it flooding out or somthing. Why is this happening,i dont have a clue and i am sure there is sombody in here that does. thanks in advance

Powder plugging up the air inlet? Just a possibility...curious though! Just be thankful you have powder...I guess.

Comment

Bog is normally lean, but the way you described it, it sounds almost like snow plugging up the exhaust. If I just turn right side cookies in the pow, my sled plugs up that way.
      The other thing could be snow swirl getting up into your air box?

Does your motor actually die out?
      Or does the power just fall on it's face?
      Let's Ride Idaho

Comment

I think it would die if i kept it pegged, but when this happens i let off and let it idle or keep it at a low rev for about 20-30 secs,then i can go like hell again.

Comment

Could it be getting so hot that it super heating the fuel and vapor locking?

I don't know that sled that well dose it have EFI or carbs?.... If its carb'ed could it be that the sled is so vertical that the carbs can't work right?

I'm no expert...just trying to help...I hope ya get it fixed because theres nothing like going for a hand full and getting nothing
          Ride it like a Rental

"Fear" : A balencing act between Normalcy and Idiocity, ...It Parelizes the Majority,... But give's Clarity to some.

Comment

It has carbs,and it has done this when i am braking trail in deep powder,when i was working the motor really hard.The getting hot thing maybe, i just dont know enough about 2 stroke motors.Thanks for your .02 I need everybody's .02 so i can get this figured out.

Comment

I, having only 120 miles on this year(HORRIBLE!!!), think you need to send some of that powder to NY and it won't be plugging the exhaust on your RMK(nice sled by the way), and you won't have a problem....sounds like the powder is a bit too much for it. I had an old '86 Indy 600 and it did the same thing in deep snow...like it was choked out. Good luck.

Comment

Bogging

This may sound crazy, but does it bog when you lift to corner and then grab it again to climb after its been going a while?

If it is, check your clutches, when was the last time you had them serviced?
                hot clutches kill power and it can feel exactly like a fuel problem.. if the spring is weak in the secondary and the plastic buttons are wiped out it will fall right on its face because it wont backshift properly, when you lift for 30 secs or so the clutch will backshift eventually....This happens all the time when we run watercross in the summer and a lot of watercross tecnique is like deep powder riding,so do a primary & secondary spring and change the buttons on the secondary and clean both well to fix the problem.... let me know what happens

mackenzienh
                If your presence doesn't make a difference, neither will your absence.

proud to wear the colors ofSLEDFREAK.COM and EWA RACINGand SIXSIXONEand TEAM INDUSTRIES

Comment

What mackenzienh said. Its all in your clutches. Its not back shifting. I got a 2002 rmk700 , I run a 52/36 helix silver/blue 3rd hole. No more bogging. I run at 0-2000 ft.
                  make sure there clean and moving freely
                  Rot.
                  H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
                  Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Originally posted by mackenzienh
                    This may sound crazy, but does it bog when you lift to corner and then grab it again to climb after its been going a while?

If it is, check your clutches, when was the last time you had them serviced?
                    hot clutches kill power and it can feel exactly like a fuel problem.. if the spring is weak in the secondary and the plastic buttons are wiped out it will fall right on its face because it wont backshift properly, when you lift for 30 secs or so the clutch will backshift eventually....This happens all the time when we run watercross in the summer and a lot of watercross tecnique is like deep powder riding,so do a primary & secondary spring and change the buttons on the secondary and clean both well to fix the problem.... let me know what happens

mackenzienh
                    Thanks for your response i will defiantly look into that for sure

Comment

Working...
                    X