Check your carb boots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Check your carb boots

The other day I was on one of the "other" web sites. I saw alot of talk about bad carb boots on all REVs. Mine looked OK at the time so I added it to the check list of things to keep an eye on.

Well just my luck, looked at them last night and mine are BAD. They looked good about 200 miles ago and now they are BAD.

I called the dealer who told me that they are out of stock and on back order. GREAT!!!!!

If it were not for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I am going to call every dealer including Canada to try to locate boots. Looks like I am going to be on the couch all weekend. If anyone has a suggestion please help.

Check your carb boots, if they have holes in them it could lead to piston melt down. It is better to catch the problem before that happens. A bad motor would end my season now.

susie...just get up here and party with us all and quit your cryin you BIG baby....

Comment

silocone...duct tape..... they both will get you through the weekend
      Attached Files
      if speed kills im a deadman
      lean n mean
      steep n deep

Comment

whats wrong?

susie

why is it bad what happen? what caused the hole? where is the hole?
        Swoyerracing snowmobile hill drags

Comment

I was just getting my sled ready to put it away for the summer (cleaning the vaulves, grease, and spit shine), while pulling the vaulves, I see alot of oil in the belly pan. Looks like the exhaust manifold is loose. I also noticed that the carb boot is ripped where it slides over the corner of the carb. Its a 2004 with only 1800 miles on it. I still have the original belt and original skags on it. Premium riding only. Now I got this shit!! I am a skidoo man 100%, but man this ticks me off. I had a 95 formula ss 670 that I beat the shit out of, rode it in all kinds of conditions, and the guy I sold it to is still putting a whooping on it. I buy something new, take care of it, and this shit happens!!! Man what ever happened to quality??!!! Sorry just had to vent!!

Comment

My manifold bolts came loose too. They decided to pull a disappearing act while riding in Canada. The manifold warped and I had to send it out to be machined. I used lock tight on the bolts and I am keeping my fingers crossed that they will not loosen up again. One day while in the parking lot checking my manifold bolts I had a guy with an F7 approach me who told me he was having the same problem with his Cat.

Bottom line is none of the manufactures make a flawless product. Some times we get lucky and some times we don't.

Comment

locktite?wtf whats wrong with good ol trusty duct tape?and maybe even use some garilla glue
              lean n mean
              steep n deep

Comment

I was going to use "great stuff" around the manifold to seal it up but the can was all clogged up when I went to use it.

Comment

b-4 you applie the "great stuff" make you sure you clean the surface very well with mr.clean it will help the great stuff bond much more stronger for longer
                  lean n mean
                  steep n deep

Comment

The Mr Clean Magic Eraser??? I didnt even think of that. I was using Head & Shoulders shampoo. A little hair gel makes a great gasket sealer. But it has to be the kind that is heat activated like Thermasilk. Dont forget to add a little Channel No. 5 to your gas tank, it is a great octane booster and it makes your sled smell great when it is running.

Comment

hey suzie my boots are shot too will you come fix them for me ? lol !
                      1996 zrt 600
                      2007 rs rage (blue)
                      2007 rs rage (red)
                      2007 yammy ttr 230
                      1998 yz 250

ride like theres no tomorrow !

Comment

Sure thing! Its nothing some duct tape and super glue can't fix.

Comment

sweet that should work lol they are such a pain in the ass to change ,,,
                          1996 zrt 600
                          2007 rs rage (blue)
                          2007 rs rage (red)
                          2007 yammy ttr 230
                          1998 yz 250

ride like theres no tomorrow !

Comment

Mechanic

Contact My Mehcanic,the Things This Guy Can Do With Shoe String,duct Tape,super Glue,band Aids..etc. Is Absolutely Amazing

his name is korky....cell number 701-351-7887
                            Attached Files
                            Last edited by D&Dmountianmod1010; 08-17-2006, 09:44 PM.
                            lean n mean
                            steep n deep

Comment

Working...
                            X