Let's see everyones old sleds

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Let's see everyones old sleds

We got a 72 cat panther 340. my dad is the original owner. he bought it new for a grand. i'm hoping to restore it after college. i dont have a picture of ours, but this is the same one as it
    Attached Files

Had a 74 Rupp 440 but no pics. Bummer.
    SnowRida
    Runnin Against the Wind!
    Against the Wind, Let the Cowboy's RIDE!
    Yamaha V-Max
    02 MXZ 600
    97 Polaris Indy Trail Touring

Mid-West Super Moderater

Comment

ARTIKSNO340.ive got a 72 panther440 kawi motor. I restored it last year but its got some problems. seems it doesnt want to move under load. Meaning on stand it rev's fine w/ a rider it wants to die. I got lots of time into this piece and im getting bummed out.
      I replaced the seals both outers and inner. honed and re-ringed, new fuel lines and tank. I think the timing is off . would that be my problem?
      Rot.
      H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
      Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Originally posted by rotalaris
        ARTIKSNO340.ive got a 72 panther440 kawi motor. I restored it last year but its got some problems. seems it doesnt want to move under load. Meaning on stand it rev's fine w/ a rider it wants to die. I got lots of time into this piece and im getting bummed out.
        I replaced the seals both outers and inner. honed and re-ringed, new fuel lines and tank. I think the timing is off . would that be my problem?
        Rot.
        rot, i wish i could help you, but i have to admit i am not very knowledgable in the engine world yet. i'm just starting to learn now that i've gotten on a few forum sites. hopefully within the next few years i'll become very knowledgable, but when i get a chance i'll talk to my dad and see what he thinks. hope to have an answer for ya soon

Comment

Could be timing, but it really sounds like it needs more fuel.

Comment

Sounds like you have some primary clutch issues, I have rebuilt a few of these motors and they have alot of pep even when there is an issue. I had one that ran great with all the jug gaskets blown(now i have rebuilt it but that didnt stop it from running fine) I just got done rebuilding a clutch on the 440 kawi that had the same issues as your engine and that fixed the issue. Hope this helps.

Comment

I've had lots of vitage sleds.....I'll try and get some pics later.....My favorite restore was my 1979 Arctic Cat Jag 3000
              Current Sleds:
              1980 Polaris Centurion
              1980 Arctic Cat El Tigre 6000 with 79 motor
              1975 Arctic Cat El Tigre 340 Quad Plug
              Previous Owned Sleds:
              1985 Polaris SS 440
              1980 Yamaha Enticer 250
              1978 Arctic Cat El Tigre 5000
              3- 1971 and 1972 Sno Jet Star Jet's
              2-1974 Scorpion Super Stinger 400
              1989 Polaris Indy Sport

Looking For:
              1981 Arctic Cat El Tigre 6000
              1981 Arctic Cat Jag 4000
              Old Arctic Cat Panther
              Old Sno Jets
              Or any vintage sled
              1994-1997 Polaris XLT

Comment

Here is some pics of my vintage el tigre 5000 500cc F/A and my 74 chaparral SSX 340 that I sold this winter
                Attached Files

Comment

this is the oldist thing I have.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by jake71racing
                    this is the oldist thing I have.
                    hey jake,not to harp on ya,but your saying about smokin by the 600 laris with a 800 doo, really makes no sense,lol i mean its an 800 i sure would hope it would take a 600...lol dont take this personal,maybe im missing something
                    if speed kills im a deadman
                    lean n mean
                    steep n deep

Comment

no offense tookin! Well Misfit is my Uncle. And he always says that he was catching you. When we race him we win just lke you said becuse its an 800 agenst a 600. He always say that catching you and was right with you. But when we get my new snowmobile we want to race him and if i beat him hopfully it will SHUT HIM UP!
                      Jake

ps understand now d&dmountain??

Comment

lol got it
                        if speed kills im a deadman
                        lean n mean
                        steep n deep

Comment

1981 Yamaha Enticer with a 1979 Polaris Apollo 340 engine. Re-named the Yamolaris!

Comment

87 Exciter

Here are some pictures of my 1987 Exciter that sat in a barn for the past 5 years. Only showing 718 miles on the odometer. Pick it up for $850.00 with a parts sled. With a little carb work it should work really good.
                            Attached Files

Comment

psychie, sweet exciter!!! keep on posting bud

Comment

Working...
                              X