Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Inlet / Old Forge

Current Conditions For Inlet NY In The West Central Adirondacks
    It is currently Tuesday, February 28 @ 4:37 PM,6 degrees & Windy.
    Flat and Smooth
    All trails open and the groomers are on the trails every day from 9:00 AM - 12:30 AM.

The Local Trails are in Excellent condition. 8-12 inch base
    Moose River Plains are in Ecellent condition with a 8-12 inch base and some icy spots & icy corners. Beyond the 6 mile marker conditions improve until the 16.4 mile turnaround.
    County Roads have good coverage.
    Call 1-315-357-5501 for Accomodations

Today Feb 28 Few Snow Showers 17°F 5°F 30%
    Ride Mid Week
    Wed. Mar 01 AM Snow Showers 26°F 15°F 30%
    Thursday Mar 02 Snow 29°F 13°F 70%
    Friday Mar 03 Few Snow Showers 23°F 9°F 30%

thanks for posting....why no business's open on tuedays out that way????

Comment

Inlet 07 Reports

Inlet NY & The Moose River Plains Recreation Area
      Our Contact for Accomodations: inletny.com 1 866 GO INLET"
      315-357-5501 Think Snow
      Explore more than 500 miles of snowmobile trails, in the Inlet area, that lead through some of the most pristine scenery that New York has to offer. Inlet is the gateway to the Moose River Recreation Area, a 34-mile corridor of state-owned land that is groomed each day and connects with trails in Indian Lake. It is referred to as a snowmobile highway. A joint permit trail system allows for world class grooming with professionally paid operators making easy travel from Inlet to Eagle Bay, Big Moose, Stillwater, Old Forge, Raquette Lake and McKeever. The Town of Inlet/Webb system winds through forests, around lakes and climbs along mountains on well-marked and groomed trails. All of our accommodations, restaurants and services are easy to reach right on our trail system.
      NYS requires any out-of-state sled to carry NYS registration and insurance. For further information contact: http://www.nydmv.state.ny.us/dmvfaqs.htm

Our trail system also requires a trail permit.
      http://inletny.com/permit.pdf
      The funds from the permit are used for 24/7 grooming and trail maintenance.

Current Conditions Are Updated Daily On This Site and inletny.com
      The snowmobile trails are closed but work on the trails upkeep and infrastructure continues season.
      Here's to hoping 2006/2007 brings more snow!Ride Safe
      Our local Club is:
      Barnstormers Snowmobile Club http://www.geocities.com/inletbarnstormers/PO Box 144 Inlet, NY 13360 Telephone: (315) 357-6339 [email protected]

Comment

QUESTION. W ill " AVERAGE JOE SLEDDER" be required to purchase the $80 Webb/ Inlet permit if they are just "passing thru" from the Plains towards Big Moose Rd.?
        Please , dont tell me its cheaper to purchase the permit "pre season".
        I believe there should be 1 trail that lets limited access for such a situation.
        Thanks
        Bill Best
        Last edited by rotalaris; 09-27-2006, 06:26 AM.
        H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
        Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

I agree with Bill. This is a great question. I have had to buy a trail pass so I could ride for 5 mins thru Inlet.

Comment

Sorry to say but if you use any of the trails from the town of webb/inlet ,even if your just passing threw , you have to have a permit .
            FULL Throttle till you see god-- then Brake!

Member --All-In Snow Mob
            Rot's Posse

Comment

Thank you Captain Obvious

Comment

Originally posted by rotalaris
                QUESTION. W ill " AVERAGE JOE SLEDDER" be required to purchase the $80 Webb/ Inlet permit if they are just "passing thru" from the Plains towards Big Moose Rd.?
                Please , dont tell me its cheaper to purchase the permit "pre season".
                I believe there should be 1 trail that lets limited access for such a situation.
                Thanks
                Bill Best

I'm with ya Bill, I rode through there from the north end of Indian Lake through the Plain's then through Inlet,stop at Daker's and I think we spend 80 buck's in there so I thought the tab was good right ? ...lol...........really we just went through there and went to stillwater and then to norridgewock and " we " should be able to go through there with out a permit..........

AGREED..............

Thanks Joe sleder....................................
                Ride it like a Rental

"Fear" : A balencing act between Normalcy and Idiocity, ...It Parelizes the Majority,... But give's Clarity to some.

Comment

Wish there could be a happy medium on the permits. If I was someone like SnoPro who lives there a couple months and rode anyday, everyday, when ever I wanted....I'd buy a permit. Then you get someone like me who comes up once, maybe twice a season, but likes to ride the whole area, not JUST the hIll but would never spend enough time in Webb county...just a passin' thru kind of thing. I'd be obliged to pay $2-3 say for the day to pass through, even $10 for the weekend, but anymore than that forget it. I'll stick to the Hill and surrounding 100's of miles of trail, take the looong way here to there and get home late night-early morning.

Just my .02...nothing more.
                  It's who we are ..... It's what we do !!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SuzieDoo
                    Thank you Captain Obvious
                    well excuse me for commenting !!!!!!!!! I will keep to my self from now on !!!!!!!!! Just kidding--You can't get rid of me that easily !!!!!!!!

Member --All-In Snow Mob
                    Rot's Posse

Comment

The problem is "EVERYONE would be Just Passin Thru"

other lies that will go down in history...

I Love You

The check is in the mail

and my all time favorite.

I won't C - - e in your mouth...

2017 Ski Doo Renegade X 1200 ORANGE

Perfect!

Sometimes, it is OK for things to be less than OK. We have, in our minds, an unrealistic expectation.
                      We think everything ought to be perfect. If it isn't, we figure we must be doing something wrong.
                      But we live on a planet where nothing is without fault. Nothing.... and nobody !
                      What counts, in the end, is not how you manage to make things right.
                      It's how you manage to live with the fact that some things will always be a bit wrong.

Comment

Maybe someone can correct me if I'm wrong here But isn't the rail road bed form Stillwater down to Alder Creek free to ride on. Thats how it looks on the trail maps.

Comment

I am not sure it ok for me to respond --------- but yes you are correct the railroad is free-but if you get off on any of the trails then there could be a problem -- and we all know how understanding the town of web police are !!!

Member --All-In Snow Mob
                          Rot's Posse

Comment

The railbed conects from north-south . from east-west you are forced to purchase the permit. this is BS
                            Does everyone just "pass thru" from south-north? With amount of $$$$ collected from the permit it shouldnt be a problem enforcing to "free pass-thru trail"
                            This permit system is a major "anchor" in the developement of a state wide connected trail system.
                            Now ya gotta be a member of a club, a reg sled , and joint the inlet/webb system Thats alot of cash just to ride the permit trails.
                            my .02 worth
                            Rot.
                            H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
                            Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

You took the words right out of my mouth Rot.
                              Ride it like a Rental

"Fear" : A balencing act between Normalcy and Idiocity, ...It Parelizes the Majority,... But give's Clarity to some.

Comment

Working...
                              X