Save $$ on Sled Registration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Save $$ on Sled Registration

Under the Snowmobile Rights and Responsibility Act signed into law by Governor Pataki on 8/30/05, the New York State snowmobile registration will increase to $100 per sled starting 2006-2007, UNLESS one member of a household is a member in good standing of a snowmobile club for the 2005-2006 season. As a club member, every sled registered by that household will only pay $45 per snowmobile.

You must be a member of a New York State snowmobile club this year in order continue paying $45 per registered sled next year.

You must be a member of a New York State snowmobile club this year in order continue paying $45 per registered sled next year
    Suzie....I have heard this in rumor status only. Is it posted somewhere (preferably on NYSSA) that it is "confirmed" ?
    Thanks for any info .....
    It's who we are ..... It's what we do !!!!

Comment

Found this off nyssnowassoc.org

SRRA Signed!!!!!!
      All our hard work has paid-off; on Tuesday, August 30th, the Governor signed the Snowmobile Rights & Responsibilities Act (S3158B Meier/A6815A Morelle) into law. This bill had passed both the Assembly and the Senate with only 1 no vote and will vastly improve snowmobiling in our state. Although the Two-Tier portion of SRRA won’t take effect until next season, clubs should start preparing for larger membership.

Many thanks to our bill sponsors: Senator Ray Meier and Assemblyman Joseph Morelle. NYSSA and its members very much appreciate the efforts of Senator Meier and Assemblyman Morelle in securing the successful passage of SRRA. We also wish to express our gratitude to Governor Pataki for signing SRRA and to Commissioner Bernadette Castro for all her support of snowmobiling.
      The successful passage of the Snowmobile Rights & Responsibilities Act is the culmination of several years of an intense effort to establish a two-tier registration system in the state of New York. NYSSA and its clubs undertook a relentless lobbying effort and unleashed an immense grassroots campaign that resulted in the successful passage of SRRA by the Legislature and its subsequent signing by the Governor.

I would like to take this opportunity to thank all of you who sent SRRA support letters to the Governor. Our members and clubs generated well over 1000 letters during the off season which is quite an accomplishment. This type of grassroots effort is what it takes in order to succeed in having key legislation such as SRRA become a reality.

Jim Jennings, NYSSA Executive Director

Hope this helps,
      Suziedoo

Comment

The SRRA bill I know about and understand, w/ the new two-tier/speed limit law. It's the actual stating that you need to belong to a club THIS YEAR in order to qualify for the reduction next year. Our club secretary goes to the NYYSA meetings and all the federation ones around my area. He mentioned at last meeting also about having to belong, but nothing was "confirmed" or in "writing". That's why I asked if you had seen it actually stated somewhere. Then we could spread the word to fellow sledders of what to expect for next year. Our meeting is this coming Tuesday, I'll ask him again if he has heard anything more about it.
        Last edited by 01xcgirl; 12-09-2005, 12:37 PM.

Comment

I could not find any NYS official documents. I did find a post on the NYSSA web site that said someone had gone to DMV and DMV had no clue about the SRRA. But even if the info is incorrect the worst that will happen is an increase in memberships in our local clubs which is a welcomed thing. Keep me posted on your next meeting.

Comment

How will they keep track if you are a club member?
            ROT.
            H20Xing is more twice as badass as the second most badass thing in the world.
            Heaven is a chocolate train with a monkey conductor who farts lollipops!

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

^^^^^^rots got a good point. i never even thought of that. thats just gonna make their job worse haha

Comment

This is all hear say, rumor mill, through the grape vine info. So take it w/ a grain a salt BUTT .....
                NYYSA/OPR is looking at a few different ways to go about this new reggy next year. One way their kicking around is that the club you belong to will issue you your club membership card, you in turn go to DMV to register sled showing your card. So you'll have to jion up before you want to register, which is the norm anyways. Talk is possibly having clubs send a list of members also to DMV so bogus cards can not be made. That'll be a lot of work on DMV end, they'd have to enter that info into computer, or just visually use the list. I also heard expiration dates for reggys which is always end of August is going to change too, can't give you a reason why....again, this is all rumor control stuff.

For those who didn't know...Out of staters WILL have to belong to a NY club to get the $45 reggy, or pay the full $100, JMO that is bullshit.

I talked w/ the guy from my club Tuesday night at meeting. He has heard nothing more about having to belong to a club THIS yr in order to be eligable for lower reggy cost next year. I'm having a hard time believing this will happen. They'd have a mutiny on their hands w/ no info being told to 05-06 registries this yr. Ex: When your re-registration came due this year, it should've had info regarding the new change of having to belong this year. They try to pull this next year, saying you needed to belong and their going to have a lot of problems, problems they can do w/ out.

Thats it for now. Any info I find out down the road I will post ....

THINK SNOW !!!!

Comment

QUOTE FROM 01XCGIRL

"For those who didn't know...Out of staters WILL have to belong to a NY club to get the $45 reggy, or pay the full $100, JMO that is bullshit"

I thinks its a good idea. When we wwere to Canada we are joining a club whether you knew it or not . When I ride in VT I must join a club and VAST. The cost in VT is $110 per sled. Maine cost $65 per sled NH ???
                  Here in NYS we have a problem . The problem is The state is involved!!!!!!!!!
                  In VT VAST takes all monies and the state gets $15 per reg. My $ may be off just a bit but not much.
                  With NYS getting their mitts into the money do you think all moneys will be alocated properly? I think NOT! Ever hear of the " general fund"????

Ill still reg here in NY no matter how much iit costs. Hell I spend over $100 a evening out w/ the boys and playing 3 rounds of golf-lunch and cocktails at the club house cost over $100 . $100 AINT S$^$T compared to the 25,000 tow vehicle, 5000 trailer 2 9000 sleds 2-500 suits 2-250 helmets 35 tank of gas for the sled 75 tank for the truck , 18 30 pack of beer 26 rumpleminze
                  NO WHINERS!!!!!!!!!!!SHUT UP AND RIDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                  Think snow and stay cool and keeop your flaps up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!LOL
                  ROT.

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Are YOU talkin' to ME ?????

KeeHeeHee

keeop your flaps up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                    LMAO

Comment

Only if your whining! DEB

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

Hey Rota, since you are LOADED can I have 100 bucks????

Comment

You'll have to earn it. Nuttins free!!!!!!!
                          Rot.

Founder of ROTS. POSSE

Comment

What did you have in mind?

Comment

Sno pro how much do you pay the SLED FREAK BABES

How about it Suzie Doo??????

Comment

Working...
                              X